K1stpierre

Weekend #s | 50SOG 81m, (RTH Sunday puts it at about 84M) Kings 35.6, AS 16m, JA 9.43m (official) | all #s on p1

Do girls really drag their boyfriends to this? I feel like it's more of a "girls' night" dinner and drinks first type movie.

Loads of girls in my office are seeing this en masse. They think they're the SATC girls:

526d7082-b083-40b2-8b64-43fe2c7c0503.jpg

Reality:

article-1375785-0B97D15B00000578-425_634

Seriously interested to see UK numbers... The first SATC film was ridiculously huge here ($17m OW, not sure what it was in £ at the time - prob about £9m, the GBP/USD rate was still close to 2 back then :( ) This might not be THAT big but should be in the same ball park.

• Like 5

Loads of girls in my office are seeing this en masse. They think they're the SATC girls:

526d7082-b083-40b2-8b64-43fe2c7c0503.jpg

Reality:

article-1375785-0B97D15B00000578-425_634

Seriously interested to see UK numbers... The first SATC film was ridiculously huge here ($17m OW, not sure what it was in £ at the time - prob about £9m, the GBP/USD rate was still close to 2 back then :( ) This might not be THAT big but should be in the same ball park.

:rofl:

Love it.

And boo hoo about the exchange rate. I was studying abroad when Euro was 1.6ish and GBP was 2, I nearly went bankrupt! About time it's gotten more equal :)

Thought you can still come to the US with empty suitcase and make out like a bandit.

• Like 1

Okay, just for to work and I have to say, these numbers are pretty disappointing.

I know it's still early and it's gonna pick up, but this isn't what I was expecting. But we have some SpongeBob shows that had more people in it than 50 Shades.

Total so far(includes presales for tonight):

50 Shades - 541

Kingsman - 182

Go Mr. Squarepants!

What the hell is an adult thing?

It means when someone gets shot, you see blood or there can be sex and nudity, and swearing.

The PG13ification of everything makes movies really bland sometimes.

I'm not saying everything needs to be rated R, but it's nice to have a real movie with some texture to it.

• Like 2

It means when someone gets shot, you see blood or there can be sex and nudity, and swearing.

The PG13ification of everything makes movies really bland sometimes.

I'm not saying everything needs to be rated R, but it's nice to have a real movie with some texture to it.

aka:

adult = Paul Verhoeven

not adult = not Paul Verhoeven

• Like 1