K1stpierre

Weekend #s | 50SOG 81m, (RTH Sunday puts it at about 84M) Kings 35.6, AS 16m, JA 9.43m (official) | all #s on p1

Only 30M. 100M 3-day is 100% not happening now. I still can't believe people laughed at me and said I was nuts when I kept telling them that 100M 3-day was never going to happen. :lol:

Yeah, that 50 Shades over $100M OW thread is hysterical in all senses of the word. I had the OW pegged at $75 - $80M, which seemed reasonable. My prediction may end up being close.

• Like 5

Only 30M. 100M 3-day is 100% not happening now. I still can't believe people laughed at me and said I was nuts when I kept telling them that 100M 3-day was never going to happen. :lol:

I'm glad you stuck to your guns. kudos.
  • Like 2

I don't see how anyone could be disappointed with this number. Come on, people, it's a movie based on a book that mainly became so big because of its really racy sex scenes. The book is extremely popular, yes, but there are a number of people who read the book in the comfort of their homes alone that wouldn't feel comfortable seeing a movie based on it in a room with up to around 400 other people. A $30M opening day is pretty incredible for a movie like this, plus who knows what today has in store for it.

• Like 9

I still believe I'm the 100m club. It's been insanity in my local cinema today, and the audience generally seems to be leaving very happy.

Aren't you in the UK? I'm not sure that translates to how well its doing in the US.

• Like 3

I don't see how anyone could be disappointed with this number. Come on, people, it's a movie based on a book that mainly became so big because of its really racy sex scenes. The book is extremely popular, yes, but there are a number of people who read the book in the comfort of their homes alone that wouldn't feel comfortable seeing a movie based on it in a room with up to around 400 other people. A $30M opening day is pretty incredible for a movie like this, plus who knows what today has in store for it.

Ok. It's a great number. However, you've been around long enough to know the enthusiasm that goes into making predictions and subsequent clubs is what makes the forums. If someone makes a 100m club and people join in of course people will be disappointed when the box office falls short. That's human nature. It's all in context. This is what makes the box office forums. That's the whole fun of it.

• Like 3

Ok. It's a great number. However, you've been around long enough to know the enthusiasm that goes into making predictions and subsequent clubs is what makes the forums. If someone makes a 100m club and people join in of course people will be disappointed when the box office falls short. That's human nature. It's all in context. This is what makes the box office forums. That's the whole fun of it.

Except sometimes when said expectations aren't met they turn around and blame the film for not meeting them. Which is ridiculous.

• Like 2

I saw Kingsman yesterday.  It was really good, and it got the stink off the movie I saw on Thursday, so that's an added plus :P

Not surprised to see both movies doing good to around expectations

• Like 3

Except sometimes when said expectations aren't met they turn around and blame the film for not meeting them. Which is ridiculous.

Well that's a whole different issue. This is a forum made up of individuals. Some people do what you describe and some don't. I'm not trying to fight with you I just try see it all from another perspective. I remember times when people would make crazy clubs and when it fails they disappear from the forums. :lol:  Some like CJohn stay around and take their lumps. It was all in fun. Now it just seems like everyone is so serious about it. I say let people have their moment of sorrow. :)  Well everyone except John Marston.

• Like 2

50 Shades got a C+ cinemascore. C+ from women C from men

My guess, women didn't get to see the male nudity they were promised onscreen, and men didn't get the nasty sex they were promised (whether that is onscreen or later is up to you to decide).

• Like 3

My audience clapped at the end the movie is just fine haters gonna hate yada yada its really a romance with a kinky twist if you're GA looking for something a little different from usual valentine fare you'll enjoy it then again it's clearly not everyone's cup of tea lol

Kinda like mr grey who's into kinky sex but tries vanilla sex because of miss steele no need to get one's panties in a twist over it

• Like 2