kayumanggi

THE DANISH GIRL | 11.27.15 | Focus | final domestic gross: $11,114,018

lol at Hooper getting ostracized. Culture yourself, The Stingflop.

Anywho, Venice was an awful place to premiere this. On the outside it looks like prestige project, but it is utterly too American to have done much better there. It'll do much better at TIFF.

Mine would be those two, Revenant, and maybe Heart of the Sea if it is indeed an "Oscar flick".

Heart of the Sea isn't an Oscar flick. It'll probably premiere at AFI and it isn't the type of movie that could build hype from just that. I think it is just a commercial play.

• Like 1

Heart of the Sea isn't an Oscar flick. It'll probably premiere at AFI and it isn't the type of movie that could build hype from just that. I think it is just a commercial play.

Fair enough :) Just hoping its good. That push to December is still giving me hope that it'll at least be a marvel to look at.

Hooper has said that the character is "a man for two thirds of the film". Really? How is it possible to make a film about a transgender person while not understanding what transgender means??

Reading everything from the press it seems I am just going to be annoyed by the film.

• Like 2

Is Vikander's role in this Supporting or Lead like Felicity Jones's in Theory of Everything? They'd better try to score her a nom for Supporting. With the movie almost sealed by critics as "average", her chances for a nom in Lead will be nigh impossible with Mulligan, Blanchett, Rampling, Smith, Mara, JLaw, Ronan, Larson and Bullock  all in the running, and chances of winning seem dead at this point. 

Edited by Spidey Freak

Hooper is a pretty average director and he got a bit lucky with TKS I think. So I wouldn't be surprised about this being just average. I would be surprised however if it's not a sizable BO hit. Hooper makes Oscar bait movies the GA like and with everything that has gone on this year for LGBT rights/awareness this could be a breakout for sure. Won't rule out 100m+. 

Edited by MovieMan89