terrestrial

Weekend Chappie - 13.35M | Focus - 10.01M | 2nd Best Exotic Marigold - 8.54M | Unfinished Business - 4.77M

Focus seems to actually be holding well, and the spin for Chappie has begun:

Didn't we see numbers last weekend for Focus that said something like 85% of the audience was over 25? That was a sure sign right there that it wasn't going to have bad legs. Old people movie legs.

As for Chappie, there's no spinning a 5.5M OD.

• Like 4

5.5M OD for Chappie? Lol. That is actually a 4.7M OD if we take out the previews. Embarrassing.

You really enjoy causing deaths and destructions left and right, don't you? How much more until you're satisfied?

I am gonna hype that Avengers 2 OW over 250M idea into the moon buddy. Just watch the blood and destruction when it opens under 200M. Just watch. 

• Like 4

So this is the worst start to March in years? If so there needs to be some rebound because Chappie is the equivalent to a robotic turd, Unfinished Business gets fired, and only one is somewhat opening good and that's a sequel appealing to an older audience wow! I'm hoping we do not have anymore of these shit weekends this year

Cinderella looks poised for an $80-90 million OW due to lack of kid-friendly films and the Disney brand

Run All Night would be doing well to get an OW above $20 million. $15-18 million is still solid.

Insurgent should open at least to $45 million. I'm thinking $55-60 million, but less legs than the original.

Get Hard looks like a massive breakout to me... $40-50 million OW, $125-175 million finish. 

Home should do ok... $20-25 million OW on its way to $70-90 million. 

I think this summer is where 2015 makes its massive rebound.

March 2016 looks like a monster though... I count 7 potential $100 million+ DOM grossers. Of those 7, 3 have a shot at $150 million DOM+.

Bombage everywhere. Vince Vaughn's career is dead.

Not totally dead, just mostly dead.  There are lots of ways to resurrect a career.  He just has to find one of them.

Or go to Miracle Max.

• Like 1

5.5M OD for Chappie? Lol. That is actually a 4.7M OD if we take out the previews. Embarrassing.

I am gonna hype that Avengers 2 OW over 250M idea into the moon buddy. Just watch the blood and destruction when it opens under 200M. Just watch.

Oh, I'm prepared, it's written in the stars that it'll be so all because of the Mayweather-Pacqiao fight. But I'll give you credit and add you to the blame list too.

• Like 1

Seeing these openers, youd think March is in for a huge shitting, but remember Cinderella comes out next week and that could do $60M OW, then Insuregent 2 weeks later which should do $50M OW, and Get Hard and Home should end the month on a solid note.

April is actually worse, its a barren wasteland outside of Fast 7. (Cue Ethan come in and positively talk about Paul Blart 2 and CJohn negatively talk about Insurgent).

• Like 1

Seeing these openers, youd think March is in for a huge shitting, but remember Cinderella comes out next week and that could do $60M OW, then Insuregent 2 weeks later which should do $50M OW, and Get Hard and Home should end the month on a solid note.

April is actually worse, its a barren wasteland outside of Fast 7. (Cue Ethan come in and positively talk about Paul Blart 2 and CJohn negatively talk about Insurgent).

Cinderella is gonna do 70M and I think 80M is possible right now.

Insurgent won't touch 50M. Mid 30' to low 40 is where I see it landing. I think Run All Night might do a solid 17-19M next weekend as well. 

EDIT: I legit swear I only read this after writing all of the above :rofl: 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

Looking at Movietickets numbers over the past few weeks, I think we are starting to see advance ticket sales start to account for much bigger percentages of the weekend take. Last year a THR article had said that Movietickets and Fandango only make up 15-20% of the weekend gross, 50 Shades was probably the biggest outlier with a reported 28% coming from advance ticket sales, but I think if a similar report comes out from Movietickets and Fandango this year, the share may have risen to 20-25% on average.

April is amazing! I'm going to a preview show four out of the five Thursdays!

#HailDaHenrie