Impact

Best Actress predictions-2015

What fifth spot? Lawrence isn't missing. She is getting career best notes and it is still a decently received DOR movie. It'll play well to the Academy. 

There just isn't a better option unless Mara's fraud isn't accepted, which it will be. 

And Charlize won't hit a single precursor and hasn't gotten a mention from a critic group. Why even bring her up? 

Cate Blanchett, Carol

Brie Larson, Room

Jennifer Lawrence, Joy

Charlotte Rampling, 45 Years

Saoirse Ronan, Brooklyn

Probably the least competitive of the major categories this year. I suppose Theron could make it in but I don't think that's gonna happen.

I feel like emily blunt might be in it w/ all the sicario love recently. though that might be some bullshit cos she didn't showup at sag or golden globes (the latter have nominated her a bunch) so maybe idk. right now i'll just say the same 5 and anything else would be a surprise.

2 minutes ago, Impact said:

Probably should replace either Rampling or Lawrence with her.

Replace Lawrence. I'm not confident in Rampling but I'd be shocked if Theron and Blunt both got in. There's always Lily Tomlin or Helen Mirren too, I guess.

Likely final:

Cate Blanchett for Carol

Emily Blunt for Sicario

Brie Larson for Room

Saoirse Ronan for Brooklyn

Charlotte Rampling for 45 Years

Alt: Jennifer Lawrence for Joy

Removed Mirren as a alt and moved Lawrence down to a alt and replaced her with Blunt.

I know Blanchett is being pushed for Lead and Mara for Supporting, but is that a rule? Or can Academy members nominate Blanchett in Supporting if they so desire? I don't know jack about the oscars.

3 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

I know Blanchett is being pushed for Lead and Mara for Supporting, but is that a rule? Or can Academy members nominate Blanchett in Supporting if they so desire? I don't know jack about the oscars.

They can do it if they want, similar to how Alicia Vikander might get in for Ex Machina and not Danish Girl.

They cannot nominate someone in 2 different acting categories for the same role since 1945 (or 1944 Oscars) when Barry Fitzgerald got nominated for lead and supporting for the same role, he even won supporting!
This was for Going My Way.

Just now, Impact said:

They cannot nominate someone in 2 different acting categories for the same role since 1945 (or 1944 Oscars) when Barry Fitzgerald got nominated for lead and supporting for the same role, he even won supporting!
This was for Going My Way.

I meant, can they nominate Blanchett for Supporting instead of Lead :) 

wasn't sure if it is up to the voter or if the studio in charge of the picture gets to decide on which categories the actors are eligible for.