Olive

Weekend 3/13-15 Official Estimates: Cinderella 70.1m, RAN 11m

Had no idea Cinderella's budget was so "cheap." Thought it was $200m just like all the other Disney live action fairy tales. They're gonna clean up with this one.

Damn, yeah. Not surprising though, it's not exactly full of effects, and the cast is mostly unknowns.

• Like 1

Damn, yeah. Not surprising though, it's not exactly full of effects, and the cast is mostly unknowns.

True, but if any studio can pull a $200m+ budget that makes you ask "how?!?" it's Disney. Shocked at their restraint on this one.

Edited by MovieMan89

True, but if any studio can pull a $200m+ budget that makes you ask "how?!?" it's Disney. Shocked at their restraint on this one.

Very true. I still don't understand how Maleficent managed to cost even more than films like Interstellar and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 

• Like 2

Very true. I still don't understand how Maleficent managed to cost even more than films like Interstellar and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Same budget for all three 165-170m but Maleficient had to fund Jolie ´s pension to the tune of 20 m.

And Maleficient had tons of Complex CG.

Edited by A Grey Future

The movie would look more expensive if you saw the 30-40 minutes they cut out of that mofo. Edited by kowhite