babz06

A Star is Born | 5th October, 2018 | Warner Bros | Bradley Cooper directing, Lady Gaga cast as lead.

On 4/24/2018 at 9:17 PM, GraceRandolph said:

All those movies feature high caliber talanted actresses / actors.  A Star is stillborn has “Lady Gaga” with her stiff “acting” and botoxed face unable to emote any emotion. This is going to flop. 

I feel like you might have a bias against this movie. Just a hunch.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:14 PM, Jake Gittes said:

Honor my avatar and watch the 1954 one.

I 100% agree.

And the 1937 original is really good also though it's not a musical. You can watch if for free on several websites...legally, since somehow the 1937 film slipped into the public domain.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 3:09 PM, PDC1987 said:

The thing is she is a mainstream Pop act who had only 1 Top 10 single, for 1 week, from year 6 to year 10 of her career, and she needed the Super Bowl Half Time Show coinciding with yet another week of being discounted from $1.29 to $.69 on US iTunes to do it. Literally over 50% of her global record sales and chart stats come from her debut album and its singles. That era of her career went from the release of her debut single in April 2008 to the release of her 2nd LP's lead single in 2011. The means over 50% of her success came in the first 3 years of a now 10 year career. And again, despite her endlessly hyped inclusion Hotel plummeted in the ratings from its American Horror Story predecessors. Her presence isn't going to help this film.

We found the Lady Gaga obsessor ^^^(is that even a word)??

• Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 8:09 PM, PDC1987 said:

The thing is she is a mainstream Pop act who had only 1 Top 10 single, for 1 week, from year 6 to year 10 of her career, and she needed the Super Bowl Half Time Show coinciding with yet another week of being discounted from $1.29 to $.69 on US iTunes to do it. Literally over 50% of her global record sales and chart stats come from her debut album and its singles. That era of her career went from the release of her debut single in April 2008 to the release of her 2nd LP's lead single in 2011. The means over 50% of her success came in the first 3 years of a now 10 year career. And again, despite her endlessly hyped inclusion Hotel plummeted in the ratings from its American Horror Story predecessors. Her presence isn't going to help this film.

And I thought only @Claire of Themyscira was the only one here that stans for an irrelevant pop star...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StevenG said:

Wow.

GraceRandolph (the BOT poster, not the Youtube personality) is going to have a very bad October.

The buzz for A Star is Born is undeniably strong; this is bound to be a crowd pleasing box office hit AND a critical hit.

A few tweets do not make strong buzz.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PDC1987 said:

Again, I follow the music industry religiously and literally know everything about everyone.

Then you would know that Gaga hit the Top 10 with “Applause” and “Dope” in year 6 of her career, meaning she’s had three in the back half :redcapes::sparta:

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

A few tweets do not make strong buzz.

Just watch.

Lady Gaga is not my thing, and I personally think her acting in American Horror Story was specatcularly bad, but this will be a breakout for the ages as far as pop stars making movies.

This will be Diana Ross in Lady Sings The Blues-level good, and all the people dismissing this sight unseen simply because it's a pop star starring in a film will have to eat crow.