CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

I saw the film in the UK last night and spoke to a guy working in my local multiplex. He said the place had been crazy all day. My showing in the biggest screen was sold out and there was quite a buzz in there. You get a feel for these things and I'd say it's easily going to post the biggest weekend of the year over here, and then some. It's a four day weekend too.

Having now seen it, I think there will be quite a bit of repeat business going forward too. Definitely think $300 million plus domestic is the floor.

• Like 5

With this success, sequels FF8,9, and 10 is secured.

They (studio..) spoke in the past about F7 being the first of the new triology, so they seem to have given the go for F8 & F9 already

67-68m would put it ahead of SM3's Friday day, right?

Yes

Highest Opening Day Business Ever....

TA: 62 million

IM3: 53.5 million

Fast 7: 52-53 million

In terms of total business in one day minus previews.

TA: Saturday - 69 million

Im3 Saturday- 62 million

TA Friday: 62 million

TA Sunday: 57 million

IM3 Friday: 53.5 million

CF Saturday: 53 million

Fast 7 Friday: 52-53 million 

That to me is a very impressive box office feat. 

• Like 1

Here's my new number, and I'm willing to bet mine is closer than Variety.

from becausebaumersaidso.com

Furious 7 looked to be on pace for about 51-55 million based on matinee numbers.  But we forgot that night business is incredibly huge for this franchise, especially in the Latino community.  With this in mind, the evening walk ups and Puerto Rico now have F7 opening to a stellar 60-62 million, including almost 16 million from Thursday sneaks.  This puts it on pace to eclipse the april OW record, sometime on Saturday morning.

Well, even I was too low on becausebaumersaidso.com

• Like 3

Massive difference in franchises.  One is obviously at it's zenith, and Avengers is not.  

I thiink Fast 7 shows how starving audiences are for mass appeal  good looking action blockbusters. 

1 pm AvX show is  85 % full, Massive Saturday ahead too 45+ million 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

This massive OD wasn't unexpected at all imo, had this been released last year, it would have won the summer. I swear I made a club for that as well.

As epic as this compared to 2014, some real epic weekend are still in store for 2015  

Without a doubt. This is the zeitgeist of the series and imo, Universal will have to lower the budget considerably for the next one. Without Walker, this series will fall considerably imo. It can still do well if most of the cast is back, but it won't come close to this performance. Even if this pulls a Twilight multiplier it will do close to 300 and it looks like a billion is possible too. Walker's death obviously got a lot of casual people to go out and see it.

If they continue to make good movies, I think the results may stabilize at around what Fast Five made. Universal should be happy with that.