sfran43

Weekend Actual #'s | Furious 7 outperforms estimates -- $147.2m actuals!

Incredible Sunday hold!

This thing has broken every Easter holiday rule!

All historical patterns are out the window!

Edited by Ecstasy
  • Like 1

The real question will be what kinds of legs will FF7 have. I remember FF6 being very front-loaded.

I checked and the only movies in the top 10 since 2010 with under 30% drop on Easter Sunday was Heaven is for Real and God's Not Dead last year (duhh).

But that doesn't say much since no other movie has done half of 147 mil on eastern weekend. It might just be an effect of the huge opening and it drops big next week like the previous movies. On the other hands people have strong feelings about movies that make them cry in the finale. I hope it's the latter.

Edited by Joel M
  • Like 2

So how long are we expecting this April OW record to stand. Looks like a pretty clear April field in years ahead.

Nothing currently scheduled for any upcoming April is going to beat it.

I wonder if they might try to put Fast 8 on the April 2017 date currently held by Pacific Rim 2. Though it's just as likely the next Fast movie won't be in April.

This is the peak of this franchise.

That seems likely to me too, but this franchise is so popular and beloved that I sure wouldn't bet against it.

This is the peak of this franchise.

I have a feeling this film will be at the peak of box office for this series for a while...

Well 7 will probably drop a bit dom...series can't always go up..

^^ We all make mistakes. :lol: (Though in fairness those comments were before Walker's passing.)

Not bashing on anyone just saying it has been said before (the next one is falling) and still goes up.

• Like 1

Wow.   Nice to see a weekend like that.

I wonder if I should give another one of those FF movies a chance.   Watched the first one and it seemed very generic...never watched another.   But they are on the SEVENTH one now and it does this?   I'm missing something.

• Like 1

Not bashing on anyone just saying it has been said before (the next one is falling) and still goes up.

Yes, a lot of the times we'll say something based on prior precedent... and while most of the time that might be the case, there are always exceptions.

Wow.   Nice to see a weekend like that.

I wonder if I should give another one of those FF movies a chance.   Watched the first one and it seemed very generic...never watched another.   But they are on the SEVENTH one now and it does this?   I'm missing something.

I never watched any of them until FAST FIVE. They're far more over-the-top and fully aware of how silly and absurd they are -- the early ones struck me as being more self-serious. They're also way more of a huge ensemble now than before.

• Like 4

I feel like the new films somehow spread some weird, fun energy to the earlier ones. Like, before Fast Five I never cared to re watch the original Fast & the furious, but since the newer ones came out it made me enjoy the originals a bit more too.

I can't quite explain it.

• Like 2