PDC1987

Diversity and Gender Representation in Movies

I know 2 black people and I've never heard them say the N word. I've only seen black people say it in TV/movies/games.

Well that's a small sample size, class plays a major role in language, plus I imagine it's not nearly as common in the UK as in the US anyways.

That self-deprecative shit is the worst. I never uttered that word and anyone that use it in a familiar fashion with me got a pure "Oh Fuck off, I'm not your nigga"  or "You know what? The nigga fucks you deep in the ass" from me, it's uncomfortable and only uneducated and airheads idiots use it.

Do you hear jewish people friendly calling themselves "kyke" casually like it's no big deal? Because that's totally fucked up.

Edited by MADash Rendar
  • Like 2

That self-deprecative shit is the worst. I never uttered that word and anyone that use it in a familiar fashion with me got a pure "Oh Fuck off, I'm not your nigga" or "You know what? The nigga fucks you deep in the ass" from me, it's uncomfortable and only uneducated and airheads idiots use it.

Do you hear jewish people friendly calling themselves "kyke" casually like it's no big deal? Because that's totally fucked up.

I always knew in lgbt alliance I should walked in and say "what up my faggots"
  • Like 1

I thought it was only a few tweeter loonies that attacked him, not the feminists in the real world.

And pretty much all of Tumblr. I'm sure it's been blown out of proportion but still, with the press tour from hell, the unenthusiastic reviews, the fight and now this, nothing has gone right for this movie. It's like a perfect storm of crap.  :badday:

Edited by Darth Homer

And pretty much all of Tumblr. I'm sure it's been blown out of proportion but still, with the press tour from hell, the unenthusiastic reviews, the fight and now this, nothing has gone right for this movie. It's like a perfect storm of crap.  :badday:

That's a website for posting pictures, right? Didn't know it's a place for feminists gathering.

You're right. AOU had to cope with a lot of bad presses even before it got released.

Edited by KATCH 22

Jeremy Renner has picked a really weird hill to die on for sure. Of all things, why double down on this? It was dead and done with.

CEQPg3GWYAE2-cl.jpg

jiFfM.jpg

Glad he didn't apologize. It was a joke that he made about a fictional character played by an actress that is a friend of his ( and friends banter all the time). Time to tell these crazies to just fuck off

• Like 4

He was right though, BW did sleep around.

Feminists can go to hell, they give sane & confident women a bad name.

Yeah Black Widow totally slept around what with her completely platonic friendships with Hawkeye and Cap

• Like 1

He was right though, BW did sleep around.

Feminists can go to hell, they give sane & confident women a bad name.

Uh, where the hell did this 'BW slept with half of TA' even coming from?

Goodness.

• Like 2

Glad he didn't apologize. It was a joke that he made about a fictional character played by an actress that is a friend of his ( and friends banter all the time). Time to tell these crazies to just fuck off

People need to lighten up or in 20-30 years we will see a spike in heart disease and the average lifespan drop by at least a decade. A joke about a fictional character damages society far less than overreacting to it.

Yeah Black Widow totally slept around what with her completely platonic friendships with Hawkeye and Cap

That's why it was a HARMLESS joke. Everyone knows BW wasn't "sleeping around" only that it was implied as such.

She didn't even sleep with Banner that we know of

This is all pretty ridiculous.