#ED

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | 532m overseas | 851m Worldwide

20 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I think it still might get a chance of making 900 million worldwide.

1 billion is out of reach, though. No question about it.

It's falling O/S just as fast as domestically and with JB expanding next week it's not going to get any better for it.  It'll make about $34m this weekend O/S and $55m WW.  I don't see how it gets near $900m with more 60% drops on the horizon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's falling O/S just as fast as domestically and with JB expanding next week it's not going to get any better for it.  It'll make about $34m this weekend O/S and $55m WW.  I don't see how it gets near $900m with more 60% drops on the horizon.

For some odd reason, I still think it might get 900 million worldwide.

In the long haul, it's possible. I guess we might see next week, after its daily grosses.

1st weekend:

Wed-Sun (23-27/03): $256.5M (OS)

Monday 28/03: $31M (OS) 

Tuesday 29/03: $20.7M (OS)

Wednesday 30/03: $20.9 (OS)

Thursday 31/03: $15.1M (OS)

2nd weekend (-66.7% from last WE)

Fri-Sun (01-03/04): $85.25M (OS) including $19.2M intl Friday (x4.44 multiplicater Fri to WE)

Monday 04/04: $11.1M (OS)

Tue 05 & Wed 06/04: $16M (OS) 

Thursday 07/04: $5.4M (OS)

3rd weekend (-60.1% from last WE):

Fri-Sun (08-10/04): $34M (OS) including $7.6M intl Friday (x4.47 multiplicater Fri to WE)

Edited by ArmGunar
  • Like 3

865-885 ww

885 max - 340 + 545

875m likely - 335 + 540

865 min - 330 + 535

If BVS gets 875m :

• It will be at #44 in all time ww list (875m would make it #43 in the current list but ZOOTP will cross 875m and alter the list before BVS does, so will be #44).
  • But these 3 movies - CW, DORY, ROGUE ONE - will go above 875m after BVS gets there and leave BVS at #47m.
  • If 3 more movies in between - ICE AGE (usually a beast OS), ID:R, FANTASTIC BEASTS - go above 875m, BVS will be #50m ww by year end.
  • Possibly out of top-50 by year end if some other movie (MOANA?) surprises or BVS falls a few short of 875m in the first place.
Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Overseas grosses were smaller than what I thought...

I think final overseas grosses will be around 510-530 million, while final domestic grosses might be 320-335 million

So, 830-865 million worldwide, give or take it. Yeah, BVS could have and should have done way more. It had Batman and Wonder Woman, though this wasn't Justice League at all. Perhaps, people went to watch it, expecting to see everyone fighting together. That wasn't the case.

All in all, at least this is Snyder's highest grossing movie, Cavill's highest grossing movie and possibly also Affleck's highest grossing movie worldwide.

BVS has been plagued by negative rumors since its beginning. Even before the official release, there was a huge level of negativity towards the movie. Every possible positive news would have a negative spin and so on. It's true, and I didn't even love this movie.

Other than Fantastic Four, I've never seen a movie getting so much hate before. Fantastic Four was a turd and it deserved. BVS had its flaws, but it wasn't a 100% turd. In fact, it was quite fine, despite its flaws.

The fact that it managed to make money despite its problems, shows that many people gave it a chance. I mean, it's not any movie that manages to get almost 900 million worldwide.

Yeah yeah we get it, always the same endless mocking circle, time to change the record. Blaze says it but there has never been so much negativity about a film before its release than BvS. 

No other film's box office run has ever been put under such scrutiny, so viciously attacked with clickbaity headlines, every piece of information being ridiculed. 

So yeah, 870 or 900 million WW is what I consider a win in this situation, and yeah WB will be disappointed but considering the reviews and the WOM (which I'm not even sure is that bad, it's all the negativity in the press that killed it, negativity sells), it's doing fine. 

Next time, if they manage good reviews, the legs will magically be a thousand times better and 900 million will turn into 1 billion plus. I have no doubt JL will be a huge crowdpleaser. I love BvS but it is not a crowdpleaser, the fights are awesome, but I would not qualify the film as crowdpleasing in any way. It does many things differently and rather boldly I'd say and it just didn't gel with as many people as they probably hoped. 

The ultimate cut cannot get here soon enough, I have the feeling it will help a lot in restoring some good will, at least until Suicide Squad shows up.

Edited by TimmyRiggins
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1