#ED

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | 532m overseas | 851m Worldwide

Here's the current situation of Sri Lanka's best movie theater, Savoy 3D. They are showing BvS in 3D. There are like 9 other theaters which shows BvS in Sri Lanka, all shows in 3D, except for two. In the following picture you can see the 7.30 pm showtime on Sunday(3rd April). This is the second weekend, but as you can see there aren't much bookings. A result of bad WOM.

But in my country people don't really much care about WOM, as long as the movie is as big as BvS. They'd flock to see that movie no matter how bad it is. The reason is not every new hollywood film releases here. For an example, there's no theater which shows Zootopia here, but few shows KFP3. So these people don't have much movies to watch. So they don't have much variety to choose from. But for BvS, it's clearly getting bad WOM. Also I believe Marvel has the upper hand in this region. I can remember AoU's bookings were so full for many weeks, we had to reserve our tickets online a week ago. 

2hz712p.jpg

Edited by Emirazza
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Probably closer to $125m ww.  $50m domestic an maybe $75m O/S off a $19.2m Friday

I was thinking 65m OS this weekend off a 19.2m Friday.

If it does 75m then with 50m dom, the global cume will be, 260 dom cume + 420m os cume = 680m ww cume.

Will add 80-85m more dom and 130-140m more os for 680 + 80-85 + 130-140 = 890-905m ww

Edited by a2knet

26 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I was thinking 65m OS this weekend off a 19.2m Friday.

If it does 75m then with 50m dom, the global cume will be, 260 dom cume + 420m os cume = 680m ww cume.

Will add 80-85m more dom and 130-140m more os for 680 + 80-85 + 130-140 = 890-905m ww

Yeah, $75m is generous - it would require a $3.9 multiplier.  $65m is probably closer to the mark.  With the legs it's shown I think a 3 multiplier off this weekend for another $130-140m O/S would be difficult.   $115m  with a 2.76 multiplier maybe?

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yeah, $75m is generous - it would require a $3.9 multiplier.  $65m is probably closer to the mark.  With the legs it's shown I think a 3 multiplier off this weekend for another $130-140m O/S would be difficult.   $115m  with a 2.76 multiplier maybe?

Yeah 115m sounds legit. Don't know if it has any markets left.

But even 120m more OS + 90m more Dom = 210m more WW, added to 670m cume after 2 weekends, will leave it at 880m WW.

Edited by a2knet

14 hours ago, leatherjacket said:

Look around you, how much it dropped OS and domestic this weekend.

That's because of the bad press. It isn't that bad. I think it's unfairly discredited and so people think it's too bad to watch. It's not worse than movies like Thor which are upgraded.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

I think the last two markets opened this w/e - Poland and Myanmar.

Yeah Poland had official opening on 1st of April but it had some preview in IMAX and others theaters from 27th to 29th of March. IMAX was packed but it's comic movie not very popular here. Best movie - Deadpool - has only about 750k admissions. In comparison Hobbit movies near or above 2 mln adm, SW7 almost 3 mln, local comedies from 1,5 mln to almost 3 mln, Shrek movies over 3 mln, some other animated movies over 1,5 mln.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, a2knet said:

Yeah 115m sounds legit. Don't know if it has any markets left.

But even 120m more OS + 90m more Dom = 210m more WW, added to 670m cume after 2 weekends, will leave it at 880m WW.

Over $680m...

After second weekend DOM gross will be $260m.

The ratio domestic/0S will be 38%/62%

DOM(32%):$260M

WW:$684M+

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Over $680m...

After second weekend DOM gross will be $260m.

The ratio domestic/0S will be 38%/62%

DOM(32%):$260M

WW:$684M+

Ok thanks.

900m is going to be nail-biter then.

So it's OS 2nd weekend was 80m?

2 minutes ago, Quigley said:

Holy crap. 66.9% decline OS and 68.4% decline in NA.

WW drop is 67.5% from $422.5M to $137.4M

These numbers with ZERO competition WW.  Next week The huntsman Winter's War will open in many markets!!!