kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

38 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I knew this was gonna be a critical smash. Now let's just hope it follows suit at the box office, though I'm very weary for it. Hopefully this doesn't go down as Mask of the Phantasm 2.0.

I don’t see why it would. IIRC, that movie flopped because it was made into a theatrical release at the last minute. 

• Like 1

The good news is that Hollywood doesn't produce enough superhero movies

BUT

Now we will get plenty of CGI superhero movies.

We are approching the one superhero movie per month each year pretty soon.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Astonished 1

There is nothing more concerning than the people who usually fap to The Favourite, Roma, Moonlight, Manchester by the Lake, Lady Bird, The Florida Project of the world choose their annual sci-fi-fantasy-superhero movie and rave it to the moon.

They always choose one to justify their very existence.

And 90% of the time, their reasons for praising said movie are the wrong ones because they don't care for the genre and its worlds and characters at all, for the vast majority of them.

Rooting for a movie to fail is utterly stupid.

With that in mind, I hope this movie is a big disapointment and that something inside the movie turns off GA.

But then again , betting against a superhero movie in 2018 is an exercise in futility.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

There is nothing more concerning than the people who usually fap to The Favourite, Roma, Moonlight, Manchester by the Lake, Lady Bird, The Florida Project of the world choose their annual sci-fi-fantasy-superhero movie and rave it to the moon.

And 90% of the time, their reasons for praising said movie are the wrong ones because they don't care for the genre and its worlds and characters at all, for the vast majority of them.

With that in mind, I hope this movie is a big disapointment and that something inside the movie turns off GA.

But then again , betting against a superhero movie in 2018 is an exercise in futility.

I'm not rooting aganist it but I don't think this Spidey will do well at all.

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

If JLaw was cast as Spider-Gwen in this, you'd be touting it as some revolutionary movie that'll change the course of animation forever or something

• Haha 1

You’re right, your post is utterly stupid.

• Like 2

Something about this post tells me you're the kind of person who faps to Transformers sequels and thinks movies only work as dumb escapism. To each their own, but to root for a movie to fail just so the superhero genre isn't allowed to be more creative in its filmmaking approach is Goddamn idiotic and, as you put it, utterly stupid.

• Like 1

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

Elitist pedant critics unfairly destroyed Ant Man 2 (scandalously low 88% on RT).

Not only that, but 3 punch of homecoming, Ragnarok, and BP (a close to oscar contender), all are above 90%. Critics love MCU, with winter soldier and GotG being the "annual-fantasy-superhero movie for critics" in 2014 too. Iron man may be overshadowed by TDK but it was highly praised by everyone. 

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Elitist pedant critics unfairly destroyed Ant Man 2 (scandalously low 88% on RT).

Infinity War was ANNIHILATED too as well, standing at a breathtakingly unfair 84%.

Spoiler

Even though the average rating isn't that far off from some other stronger reviewed superhero movies this year and it's the 8th highest out of 20 movies, including some movies with a higher Tomatometer.

1. Spider-Verse (atm) - 8.9/10
  2. Black Panther - 8.2/10
  3. Incredibles 2 - 7.9/10
  4. Infinity War - 7.5/10
  5. Deadpool 2 - 7.1/10
  6. Ant-Man & Wasp - 7/10
  7. Venom - 4.4/10

MCU:

1. Black Panther - 8.2/10
  2. Avengers - 8/10
  3. Guardians - 7.8/10
  4. Civil War - 7.7/10 (380 reviews)
  5. Iron Man - 7.7/10 (274 reviews)
  6. Homecoming - 7.6/10 (344 reviews)
  7. Winter Soldier - 7.6/10 (283 reviews)
  8. Infinity War - 7.5/10 (397 reviews)
  9. Ragnarok - 7.5/10 (365 reviews)
  10. Doctor Strange - 7.3/10
  11. Guardians 2 - 7.2/10
  12. Ant-Man 2 - 7/10 (355 reviews)
  13. Iron Man 3 - 7/10 (307 reviews)
  14. Ant-Man - 6.9/10 (297 reviews)
  15. Cap 1 - 6.9/10 (258 reviews)
  16. Age Of Ultron - 6.7/10 (340 reviews)
  17. Thor - 6.7/10 (278 reviews)
  18. Iron Man 2 - 6.5/10
  19. Thor 2 - 6.2/10 (259 reviews)
  20. Incredible Hulk - 6.2/10 (227 reviews)

20 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Not only that, but 3 punch of homecoming, Ragnarok, and BP (a close to oscar contender), all are above 90%. Critics love MCU, with winter soldier and GotG being the "annual-fantasy-superhero movie for critics" in 2014 too. Iron man may be overshadowed by TDK but it was highly praised by everyone. 

They can be insecure...They want an MCU monopoly so bad...They hate competition and success of any non-MCU property more than anything..