kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

32 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Costume, Song, maaaaybe Score

Song is gonna be a tough act to win, cause Shallow from A Star Is Born or at least one song from Mary Poppins Returns will likely be favored. There's also the recently popular A Place Called Slaughter Race from Ralph 2, and even Celine Dion's Ashes from Deadpool 2. I like All The Stars, but knowing the Academy, I dunno if it has a big chance.

Score is possible, though.

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Song is gonna be a tough act to win, cause Shallow from A Star Is Born or at least one song from Mary Poppins Returns will likely be favored. There's also the recently popular A Place Called Slaughter Race from Ralph 2, and even Celine Dion's Ashes from Deadpool 2. I like All The Stars, but knowing the Academy, I dunno if it has a big chance.

Score is possible, though.

I see. Thanks for the breakdown of possible Song nominees. :)

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

List of Sony s recent bad ideas :

- A Jumanji remake with The Rock ?

Yeah sure ...

- A Non MCU-Venom by Visionary director Ruben Fleischer ?

This is gonna end well of course ...

- A Spiderman CGI movie ?

The 7th Spiderman movie (and overall 9th appearance) in 16 years ? Spiderman overdose is near ...

Remember when a finance guy was trying to force Sony to sell their movie division ?

Amy Pascal to all the finance guys right now

tumblr_o9f2at5Wg31qc9j6ho3_540-146703023

8 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I’m thinking over 200 mil DOM? Does that seem right?

Seems about right. My current prediction is 45 / 196m, but it could go higher. The great reviews should help, and it has the luxury of being released around Christmas. 

I'm mostly really pleased to see that this beat all expectations and actually seems to deliver in terms of quality. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Do you think they'll put Kamala Khan in the sequel? Since they are a couple in CB no? 

Sony definitely doesn’t have the rights to that character. Then again, if they’re allowed to use Kingpin, I suppose Marvel might be willing to lend Ms. Marvel to them, but from what I understand, they’re planning on including her in the MCU at some point. 

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Sony definitely doesn’t have the rights to that character. Then again, if they’re allowed to use Kingpin, I suppose Marvel might be willing to lend Ms. Marvel to them, but from what I understand, they’re planning on including her in the MCU at some point. 

I see. Thanks! It's all about who holds rights to what. :)

14 minutes ago, Morieris said:

https://deadline.com/2018/11/nike-ebay-mcdonalds-spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-marketing-campaign-1202511158/

A firm number for how much P&A cost, let the guesstimation of the final DOM BO begin! 

Not sure P&A cost is mentioned in that article, the article is about partnership added values (how much partner will invest or add in promo values not sony).

In the form, product X will be shown in the movie (or that not even necessary), we let you use spiderman trademarked element on your product publicity if you show enough of the fact a movie is coming off in your products ads. Or we let you put spiderman on your cereal box for free because that help you selling cereal while it help our movie awareness and so on.

Edited by Barnack

6 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

But isn't all that free advertising, and not cost for Sony?

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not sure P&A cost is mentioned in that article, the article is about partnership added values (how much partner will invest or add in promo values not sony)

That's what I get for reading the title only.

2 hours ago, Blankments said:

don't worry, i'm very open about my stanning for this being more lord/miller induced than Spider-Man (altho i do have fond memories of the webslinger)

Likewise, I am stanning for.... a certain someone :Venom: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Knock It Off 2