kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

Love the art style, this is exactly what I'd want a Spider-man cartoon to look like. That title is goofy as hell though, and I thought it was funny at the end when he takes his mask off they're basically just going "Surprise! Spider-Man's BLACK!"

Also Vince Staples is in like every movie trailer now, go get that fat money cake Vince.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Sure, why not?

I won't be here after today anyway.

Alright.  If this movie doesn’t make more than $1M OS, then I will hack off both of my testicles with a rusty machete while eating a sock and stepping on Legos and broken glass.  If it goes over, then you do that.

Deal? :redcapes: 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 2

51 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Got an email from Sony with a typo in the subject.

”Many Where The Mask”

:winomg:

Still that title though :redcapes:

At least they didn't slip up over the More Than One Wears the Mask text in the trailer and actually remembered that "more than one" needs a singular verb. 

53 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Gonna drop a (for now) big ass spoiler so click with care

Spoiler

Only the Peter Parker in Miles's universe may be dead. That other, adult Spider-Man we see Miles talking to at the end is probably a Peter Parker from another universe who has come to tell Miles about the different Spider-People from the Spider-Verse.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Alright.  If this movie doesn’t make more than $1M OS, then I will hack off both of my testicles with a rusty machete while eating a sock and stepping on Legos and broken glass.  If it goes over, then you do that.

Deal? :redcapes: 

Sure. Deal. :sparta:

Spoiler

My real prediction is around 50M DOM total and 30-40M OS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I would not be surprised if this grosses under 100M, but I would definitely not be surprised if it grossed over either. I see it as Sony's version of The Peanuts Movie: a peculiarly animated movie about a non-SPA original IP that manages to hold its own. And it's a Spider-Man movie in the holidays, the last major animated movie of the year (if not quite the last family movie, due to MARY POPPINS Y'ALL). If it has good wom, I definitely think it can draw upwards of 100M DOM.

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Blame Lionsgate.

Oh, c'mon man, it's fine to exist in a world where Lionsgate isn't a completely incompetent pile of shit. That's good for the box office and all. And we still have Paramount to make fun of, no need for any of that :whosad:

Edited by MCKillswitch123