kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

15 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

They could have continued. Or been innovative by doing an animated SM back then...

Continued without Raimi nor is approval ? Would Tobey Maguire completely fortune independent by then would have been on board for that ?

Maybe but that sound like a speculation that they could have, they tried for sure, they even had a release date and everything, again not sure it was a choice.

17 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

been innovative by doing an animated SM back then..

True, not sure it event went through their mind at the time, the live action having been so successful, there is a 2014 leaked e-mail of people asking if they had the theatrical right to an animated spider-man or if it was Marvel.

3 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Comic Fans might somehow get it, but how do you explain 2 different Spideys on the screen to everybody else? 

There will be a lot more than just two different Spidey's here. :P I don't think it's that hard for general audiences. If something as convoluted as Days of Future Past* can make near 750M WW then the concept of alternate universe Spideys is a lot easier to grasp, I would think. I'm guessing the next trailer will also spoonfeed the concept of Spider-Verse to people.

*Not that I'm saying this will make near DOFP level of money, but it doesn't need to.

I'm telling you guys: Peanuts Movie comparison is pretty good for this one.

Some of you have mentioned Lego Batman, which makes sense. But don't forget that Lego Batman had The Lego Movie's goodwill powering it, while this stands completely on its own, even from the MCU Spider-Man (I think), so I'm not expecting it to match Lego Batman DOM (maybe OS/WW.... maybe).

This is a SPA movie that, stylistically, is very different from all of the other works of the studio (just like Peanuts); it's based on a beloved and popular comic book (just like Peanuts); it's being released in the holiday season (although closer to Christmas than Peanuts, which was a November release... which is not a bad move cause if this movie came out in November, it would've been slaughtered by Grinch and Ralph, so smart by Sony); and has some cultural significance by pushing Miles Morales into the spotlight (....that's actually not like Peanuts, making it one of the two main advantages this has over that movie, the other being that it's a freaking Spider-Man film).

I also think that the Teen Titans Go movie for next Summer might give us another taste of how interested people are in Marvel/DC animated films for us to properly judge this (not counting Incredibles 2 as that is its own damn thing). But all in all, I think that a 100M+ DOM/300+ WW outcome is pretty likely for this movie.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2017 at 1:00 PM, eXtacy said:

Whats the budget for this. Looks like it might be around 50m. Some of the animation looks really nice and at times shockingly bad.

According to the Marvel contract (if it was not updated since) Sony does not have the right to do a spiderman movie under a 75m dollar budget, first Cloudy movie was 116m net the second one was 80m net.

Animated movie tend to cost a lot and that seem to have developed a bit of something, that group

Produced by 

Will Allegra ... executive producer
Avi Arad ... executive producer
Kevin Feige ... executive producer
Stan Lee ... executive producer
Phil Lord ... executive producer
Christopher Miller ... executive producer
Amy Pascal ... executive producer
Christina Steinberg ... producer

Does not come cheap. I would imagine at least 90m if not more.

Edited by Barnack

On 4/30/2015 at 11:55 PM, Jandrew said:

But...why?

I really didn't want this because I figured it was going to be a literal copy of the live action movies, just animated. Was afraid it was going to dilute the brand and the depreciate the live action movies. But that trailer was actually pretty neat and left field. The animation style is unique and is what this movie needs to set itself a part and keep it fresh.

• Like 1