Blankments

The Last Witch Hunter | October 23, 2015 | Vin Diesel | Final Trailer on Page 5

2/10 Review

http://screencrush.com/the-last-witch-hunter-review/

I'm seeing it opening day

To the surprise of nobody, it is getting ripped by the critics.

As a huge MST3K fan, I love a really bad movie of the "so bad it;s good" variety. But so far, this film looks like it's a "Just Plain Bad"  film. That it being ripped as being so generic is not a good sign of it's being "So bad,it's Good".

Edited by dudalb

Don't know about everyone else but all of the theaters around me are getting this on one screen only. Lionsgate has the red pen ready.

And that you are seeing a minimal amount of television ads is proof that Lionsgate is cutting it's losses.

What gets to me is why Liongate spend 90 million on this ...thing. Way too much for a cheesy horror movie with someone who is not a box office draw in the lead.

Why did Lionsgate make this?  If it was Universal doing to keep Vin happy and the FF train rolling I could understand it but what does Vin have on Lionsgate?  :ph34r:

Because Lionsgate had to throw away some of that cash they made from THG. :P

Why did Lionsgate make this?  If it was Universal doing to keep Vin happy and the FF train rolling I could understand it but what does Vin have on Lionsgate?  :ph34r:

I think the FF train would roll along happily without Vin. He needs the FF franchise a LOT more then the FF franchise needs him. If it not were for the FF, he would be in DTV territory.

I can understand Mabye taking a chance on this with a 30 to 40 Million budget,but 90 mIllion....

Lionsgate might have New Line Cinema disease: A company that made it's name with low and modest budget movies takes a chance on a big budget franchise and strikes gold. But it then thinks it is a major studio with major studio resources, and pissed away all it's profits on a series of big budget bombs.Granted, Lionsgate has more then one big budget franchise, but they do seem to be blowing a lot of money on ill conceived projects, and they just don;t have the depth of resources that the major studios do.

And with one of it's biggest franchises coming to an end,they might really get in trouble by wasting large sums on ill conceived efforts to get another, similair franchise.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1