Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Yah good point. Wasn't a lot of people at the theater overall at my 10p Thurs preview screening. My screening was sold out, but I assume there weren't that many shows scheduled due to, as you said, the nature of the market

Look at this way

5;05 pm show went 75% full today, its already 75% full for tomorrow. 

Infinity Wars part 2 I truly believe will be a juggernaut like we have never seen before.

Is it true that it will have over 20 characters? That's just insanely off-putting.

• Thanks 1

13 years ago, $100 million in a weekend was an indescribable triumph. Now, the same amount in one day is a potential reality.

Even Disney is probably reacting this way:

waEz7.gif

HE RETURNS

• Like 3

She's heavily depowered in the movie and a rookie, so probably a toss-up. If we're talking about hotness...

Time to rank hot witches  :lol:

Depends. If Hermione actually had a scene like this

13 years ago, $100 million in a weekend was an indescribable triumph. Now, the same amount in one day is a potential reality.

waEz7.gif

couldnt stay ayway? hehe

waEz7.gif

We're about the same age. I remember writing articles about Potter and then Spidey OW for the A&E section of my HS paper. This is bonkers. Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

A bit late to the party (haven't been here for awhile but historical moments like this one are enough to bring me back). It's pretty much safe to say the OD record and OW record are both a done deal at this point, right? It's only a matter of how much. Right now, $100M OD and $235M OW are both extremely high but are certainly doable, IMO.

• Like 1

A bit late to the party (haven't been here for awhile but historical moments like this one are enough to bring me back). It's pretty much safe to say the OD record and OW record are both a done deal at this point, right? It's only a matter of how much. Right now, $100M OD and $235M OW are both extremely high but are certainly doable, IMO.

Comparing to past Marvel movies this is heading to 230 million...

However I think this is not like past Marvel movies. 

She's heavily depowered in the movie and a rookie, so probably a toss-up. If we're talking about hotness...

Time to rank hot witches  :lol:

1. Elizabeth Montgomery from Bewitched

2. Sabrina the Teenaged Witch

• Like 2

waEz7.gif

You know it's an epic event, when even ShawnMR comes back.  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:

• Like 4

This is box office history for the newer folks.

TA opening weekend was special as it destroyed the opening weekend record 10 years to the date Spider Man 1 did. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

If Fantastic Four Flops, how likely is it Disney buys the film rights to the Fantastic Four universe?

Why would they make an offer? They'll just let Fox self destruct. 

Edited by Heat Vision