Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I admit up until last Thursday I'd been hoping for this exactly scenario, that AOU would be a disappointment critically and financially (vs. expectations, not in reality). I thought if AOU lived up to the Marvel fanboys expectations their arrogance would be beyond unbearable.

I get that and yes the arrogance is unbearable. Need to be brought back down to Earth.

Very disappointing OW. Obviously Ultron is a huge hit and should not be considered as a failure as it's going to be all time top 5 WW film, but it leaves the door open to DC to get back into the game. Still amazing that TDKR will hold off Ultron in the end. Probably apart from me no one else predicted sub 500m for Ultron, so calling it a disappointing OW is the correct term here. WoM won't be great either. 

Edited by Alfredstellar
  • Like 1

I get that and yes the arrogance is unbearable. Need to be brought back down to Earth.

Why I tend to avoid the fan-driven threads until close to release when there's more sane people posting.

• Like 3

F&F7 still has what, 8 days in China before AOU?

Does that matter? How many days before Furious 7 loses all of its screens in China because that's what China does? Probably this coming week.

*sorry for the double post*

Paul Blart 2 is doing OK, thought it would be just like Horrible Bosses 2 in box office

Edited by forg

The damn negativity on this board is getting to me. Never in a million years is this a bad ow. Yet, it somehow feels that way bc of all the potter twerps and nolanites!

If you're happy with the opening who gives a shit what others think

• Like 2

I admit up until last Thursday I'd been hoping for this exactly scenario, that AOU would be a disappointment critically and financially (vs. expectations, not in reality). I thought if AOU lived up to the Marvel fanboys expectations their arrogance would be beyond unbearable.

Too bad I love the movie. I got what I'd wished for, only that I don't want it now.

The arrogance from the other side is unbearable too.

But I personally take this case over it doing crazy numbers again. The whole success of GOTG last year inflate that smug level to the max, it was ugh.

• Like 1

Does that matter? How many days before Furious 7 loses all of its screens in China because that's what China does? Probably this coming week.

It matters if this wants to beat TA's worldwide gross.

Now that The Avengers has kept the record and even the hugely hyped Ultron will miss by 20 million.

What will? 

Will it stay for another two years

If it stays till 2017 it be longest held opening weekend record.

Who thought a opening weekend could stay for 5 years in this market? 

Only movie in the next two years that has a chance is Star Wars VIII if episode VII is loved. 

• Like 1