Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

During the late afternoon on Friday, given how rapidly exhibs were adding showtimes following Avengers: Age of Ultron‘s sold-out time slots, the projection for heavy late night traffic prompted a number of high opening estimates for the Disney Marvel sequel. Per late night returns, it appears as though Ultron will chalk up an estimated $85M, making it second to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2‘s first day of $91.07M and beating the first Avengers which bowed to $80.8M.

So based on the late afternoon sold out showings, they projected it would do 95-100 originally, but demand didn't go that high. 

EDIT: Just mentioning, you'd have to be crazy not to be happy with an OD number that beats TA1. 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ

No.. It's from last night and people see how low there prediction is and are going with it..

I saw DHD's numbers earlier was in the 94 M - 97 M range. They have changed it to 85 M.

lol 85m is a fail and you guys know it. I hope the actual estimates and then the actuals turn out better. Still it would be really hilarious if it fails to break DH2's record after all the things stacked in its favour :lol:

studio is don't add extra showtime to try and break opening record, they do it to get more money, simple as that. It's actually embarrassing when people put down a movie for not breaking certain pointless record.

oh and for the record, those expecting this to beat DH2 OD in the first place we're always setting themselves up for a disappointment, it was never going to happen.

oh and for the record, those expecting this to beat DH2 OD in the first place we're always setting themselves up for a disappointment, it was never going to happen.

It was definitely possible.

• Like 1

Its sort of anti-climatic, going from expecting 100m OD and now we're at 85m. A number any movie would kill for, especially for an opening day. 

It's the number we deserve, but not the one we need right now.

Well it pisses me off that they would even consider posting weekend estimates when fucking Saturday hasn't even begun and 6:00AM here on the East Coast along with sunday and it's jumping the gun and making the same mistakes they did 3 years ago and for some reason or another, a hack site like Deadline is persuading people to believe there numbers when it's just too early..

We're talking about OD numbers here. Discussing the rest of the weekend numbers is a tad premature maybe, but people are allowed to predict.

reading thru this thread, how insecure are some of you that you're insulting 'pompous' critics who didn't like the movie you liked? especially when the majority liked it. yeesh, you guys.

• Like 5

I just realised that an 85m Friday for AOU would mean that its Friday minus previews would only be about 4m higher than IM3 Friday minus previews.

Edited by Caesar

When RTH comes on late in the afternoon, I guarantee his number will be much higher.. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for falling for this same shit you did back in 2012. Yu call yourselves box office experts but have basically failed..

kid_snot_bubbles-8x6.jpg

• Like 3

When RTH comes on late in the afternoon, I guarantee his number will be much higher.. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for falling for this same shit you did back in 2012. Yu call yourselves box office experts but have basically failed..

THE MELTDOWN HAS BEGUN.

tumblr_n34idbuy8M1rpzci6o4_250.gif

I just realised that an 85m Friday for AOU would mean that its Friday minus previews would only be about 4m higher than IM3 Friday minus previews.

That makes sense though I'd expect it to be a little higher.

• Like 2