Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Oh for heaven sakes.. The Doom and Gloom Squad.. What did TA make on Saturday when it was released??? Nuff said..

You know sequels don't always act like the first movies, right?

A few of us predicted sub $500M on our podcast, if you'll remember... and got viciously attacked for it. Karma is a bitch.

This is so true. Though I didn't believe you, I didn't attack you.

People who blame the boxing match seem to think doing two things in one day isn't possible

I'm not blaming the boxing match, I'm blaming the Royal Baby #2. You can't do 3 things in one day

• Like 3

People who blame the boxing match seem to think doing two things in one day isn't possible

BKB has said about a thousand times on here that the boxing match will have zero effect on the opening weekend.

Who wants to be that he blames the boxing match straight away if this 'under performs' this weekend?

FF7 has shown us that April is the new May.

Will BvS show us that March is the new April?

Jeez, the speed at which this thing is going....

Months really don't matter when it comes to tentpoles. If you make a big movie that people want to see, it doesn't matter when you release it, they'll watch it either way.

I'm thinking this through and it occurs to me that I may have jumped that gun on this doing 190m OW. If it manages to do 87.6 and we assume that the Friday minus previews number has been affected by the 7PM shows on Thursday, then it's possible this could still match or better TA OW.

52 (208.6M OW)

A little optimistic, maybe, but I think it's possible.

Ultron's ratio of previews to Friday day is closest to Cap 2 and Guardians, which had virtually identical weekends. If it then follows a similar pattern through the weekend, it can clear 200M and even match Avengers 1.

• Like 1

Can someone explain the "Puerto Rico" thing to me please?

Transformers 2's opening Wednesday and Thursday were both reported as actuals down to the dollar, not "estimates." Paramount fudged them upwards by a few million bucks when the rest of the weekend did not make enough money to reach $200m for the 5-day opening.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2601&p=.htm

* Note: Revenge of the Fallen's weekend gross fell $3 million short of Paramount's Sunday estimate, which would have put the five-day opening at $198.2 million. Though shy of $200 million, it would have still ranked second among the all time five-day starts. However, Paramount revised its grosses from Wednesday and Thursday upward, and that's what pushed the total past $200 million. Wednesday went from $60.6 million to $62.0 million, and Thursday went from $28.6 million to $29.1 million. Paramount reported that the differences came from unreported showings from the movie's midnight openings on Wednesday night, which went from the previously reported $16 million at around 3,000 theaters to $16.8 million at close to 3,300 theaters, as well as late reports from institutional IMAX locations and theaters in Puerto Rico and some Caribbean islands (which the studio counts in its domestic numbers), which accounted for $1.1 million of the difference.

• Like 2

Your gif, as requested Noctis. Couldn't capture more of it due to size issues (original size was over 20 MB lol). I wasn't sure which parts of the dance you felt most important, so this is what I took.

k22cb8P.gif

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 4

Your gif, as requested Noctis. Couldn't capture more of it due to size issues (original size was over 20 MB lol). I wasn't sure which parts of the dance you felt most important, so this is what I took.

k22cb8P.gif

OMG...i love you

teach me your ways

• Like 1