Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

If this opens to 185-195M, that would be 157-167.4M without previews, and a 2.5x multiplier from there would put it on pace for 420-446M.  

Someone should start a AOU under TDKR domestic club.

• Like 3

The original went up 12% Friday day business to Saturday. That was likely with some spillover effect. I think the fight might have a slight effect, but most of the Saturday increase is thanks to matinees, which I can't imagine would be hurt by a fight happening in the evening.

I think it'll go up around 4-7%.

I have to be honest, i never thought there was a chance this could finish under the final gross of TDK but it seems almost certain now imo.

& people say there is ZERO franchise fatigue just because it's a big number OD/OW. The math says differently if that comes true.

Is this really shocking? Many knew it would decrease by about 10-15% from the first. Not fatigue or hate but just reality. First was a mammoth sized film. This one had to go down.

It was reasonable to expect a bigger OW with a smaller total gross. Just shows how much the first came out of nowhere.

If this opens to 185-195M, that would be 157-167.4M without previews, and a 2.5x multiplier from there would put it on pace for 420-446M.  

Someone should start a AOU under TDKR domestic club.

Id lose it if that happens. In fact, if that happens, Imma start a MJ2 over AoU thread :lol:

Is this really shocking? Many knew it would decrease by about 10-15% from the first. Not fatigue or hate but just reality. First was a mammoth sized film. This one had to go down.

The SM2 effect.

• Like 1

No one is shocked by the strong likelihood that it's going to come up short of $623m. But it is shocking given the WOM of the first movie that it might come up as much as $15-20m short of the first movie's opening weekend.

I thought it would gross less for its final gross but i expected it to beat the first films opening weekend.

It was reasonable to expect a bigger OW with a smaller total gross. Just shows how much the first came out of nowhere.

Personally I didnt think it would open to 200.