Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

There is a difference between a terrible opening and a disappointing one

You know how many films would have loved to open to 187 million? Let me think oh yeah every other film ever released without the name Avengers in the title except that shitty one based on the tv show

• Like 2

RDJ must be like "And they think they can make Avengers movies without me?! BWAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHA".

Iron Man 4 is probably already happening. Marvel just hasn't announced it yet. RDJ is getting PAAAAIDDDD!

• Like 1

IW is going to be huge, guys, don't fool yourselves.

Part 2 for sure but Part 1 could suffer. Look at other movies in the same boat. AOU is not as bad as other but some bad press did hurt it. While I think IW can match TA's OW DOM could fail to meet 600M+ As for II no one knows.

• Like 1

187 OW a disaster and all this nonsense about dropping like a rock? Some people on this board are fucking stupid. There's no reason to be that ignorant. Saw one post 'claiming' TDKR sold more tickets this OW. HAHAHA. Don't start.

giphy.gif

Its amazing how many people are pulling the old "it was unrealistic to expect AOU to match/beat Avengers opening weekend", i barely saw a handful of people say that on here before we got any numbers.

Just accept that the film hasn't met expectations and move on.

Yeah what a joke the people that quickly change their positions lol

And THAT will make me very happy because my official revised number is at $178 million (after Friday's estimate) . Come on! you can do it... :ph34r:

You cant just change your predicts after numbers come out and beg for credit. Some people were calling sub-200 back on Tuesday. They deserve credit. Youre calling after the Friday number. So, you dont.

• Like 3

I wonder if there has actually been anyone who has paid to see The Avengers solely because RDJ is in it.

Avengers is gonna end with around the same as Iron Man 3 DOM. So I would say most people.

Wow you have a quota on how many likes you can give a day on here?, thats stupid.

Yes, so that there's more of an incentive to subscribe :) they need money to support the servers after all.

I think there's a chance it hits 190 and the attitude on this board turns around considerably. I think Sunday is being underestimated. I think the fight, in combination with game 7 AND the Derby, hurt me than people think. CNN's front page yesterday said "Sporturday!" for God's sake, and that's at a time where shit is actually happening in the world. Every sports fan had been hyping this up to be the greatest single sports day in a LONG time- and with sports being such a major part of Americans identity (no matter how much this board pretends they don't matter sometimes), that's huge. People will stay home for the king of all sports days. And looking at social media metrics, crowd reports, and preliminary buys/revenue info, turns out the fight was even bigger than I kept arguing it would be. So yea, Sunday is going to bounce back big. 

Edited by cmasterclay
  • Like 2