Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

There are only a few crazy people in the Inside Out thread. Oh, and yes, I am one of them. :P

There are definitely worse people than you in there

Constable Frozen is a gift.

Uh

• Like 1

The whole ticket sales thing is tedious to me, first off we don't have hard data so its all 'best guess' work (which is influenced by your own bias), secondly its just a lame comeback for when your fave film has been beaten by another film.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 5

I took the punches better than Mayweather did last night.. You know?? The more I think about that damn fight lat night, the more it angers me how much both of those guy's walked away with and did very little for the $$$ they earned.. You give me 100M bucks and Not only will I go the distance, but I'll even let you kick my ass for that kind of $$$$$... There should've been a K.O for the $$$$ they charged for that bullshit...

Can you do Avatar>Avengers

If it makes any of you Star Wars loonies feel better, i'm still listening to the radio (yes radio) and the DJ just brought up that Avengers is out, but called it "one of the biggest of the year", and not "the biggest" like they were saying on Friday.

PRAISE THE RADIO.

Not yet, but if CW (and cap himself) is as well liked as Winter Soldier, and if is huge at the box office, then maybe.

I just want him to die in Civil War because

everyone is expecting Cap to die in Civil War; it'd be such a good twist on what geeks expect.

Seeing saturday numbers for all movies, the sport events must have had a pretty big impact. In light of that, it's strange that studios other than Disney for AOU are predicting such harsh sunday drops. Monday actuals will be interesting...

Edited by Elessar

I am as big a fan of BvS as you can find, and I say NO.

But man, Batfleck looks awesome.

I say no as well

... but Batman has broke the opening weekend record like what, 4 times now :P

Edited by Adam

According to BOM, even when all films are adjusted, Age of Ultron is number two in OW.

I feel like this needs to be stickied somewhere, I've lost count of how many times I've reiterated this.

Keep in mind, BOM doesn't adjust individual pictures all that well from the past 3-4 years due to the explosion of 3D and IMAX. They use an overall price (which works at the macro level for yearly total gross), but the ticket prices are skewed for individual films. 2D films prior to 2009 are overestimated, while 2D films after 2009 are underestimated. SM1 adjusted is probably a few million lower than that 155 million figure.

Mojo's ticket sales numbers for individual films are incorrect in the post-Avatar 3D era.  They use yearly/quarterly average ticket price and apply it to all films (instead of looking at each film's exact 2D/3D splits), when it is only meant to work for the timeframe.  From 2010 onwards, 2D-centric films will be slightly underestimated on that scale, while 3D-centric films are overestimated.

The whole ticket sales thing is tedious to me, first off we don't have hard data so its all 'best guess' work (which is influenced by your own bias), secondly its just a lame comeback for when your fave film has been beaten by another film.

This is a bad post. SM1 played on 7,500 screens compared to probably 15,000 for TA2. It didn't have IMAX, 3D, or 13 years of inflation. I think admissions are the only real way to know just how much of a cultural zeitgeist occurred on each of these weekends.

Hollywood uses inflation and other gimmicks to keep bragging about new records in the domestic market and yet pretty much every other country in the world requires admissions to be reported.

• Like 6

• Community Manager

PRAISE THE RADIO.

I just want him to die in Civil War because

everyone is expecting Cap to die in Civil War; it'd be such a good twist on what geeks expect.

Neither are going to die. Both are contracted to appear in Avengers: Infinity Wars. Robert Downey Jr. for both parts. Chris Evans for at least one part.