antovolk

Annihilation | Paramount | Feb 23 2018 | Alex Garland | Natalie Portman | Reviews Embargoed till day of release

3 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I just gave a look at the audience comments on Rotten Tomatoes for this movie. It seems fun:

This movie was absolutely awful. The dialogue was trite, the acting wasn't great, and the plot was nonexistent. Don't waste your money!

Went to see this movie with my daughter this movie is terrible. A waste of 2 hrs and 30 dollars at the theater. Nothing about it was interesting

Dull entertainment. The characters are not developed and the story feels rushed and bland.

LSD would not help this movie??

General Audiences will probably hate this thing

This movie is terrible on so many different levels it's hard to describe. Story is total nonsense. Acting is horrible. Background music makes you want to tear your hair out.

This is fucking trash.

I actually walked out of this, and I NEVER walk out of a theater. It wasn't bad like Hallmark Movie bad: the acting was fine, the visuals were fine. However, there were so many plot problems

Still 3.9/5. Could be a lot worse.

This is pretty much what I expect from regular audiences. 

Alien and The Thing (1982) would probably get trashed nowadays for being "too slow". He calls it trash and states there are no layers to the story. 

Arrival will probably make it out better with the GA then this will. I don't see audiences hating this as much as mother! though.

• Like 1

"However, there were so many plot problems: the only one with military experience is not the one in charge of the group, and all of the decisions made prove why it's important to actually have military people on a mission and not just scientists."

I swear some people either zone out or don't pay attention while watching movies. It's explained a few times why she is in charge of the group and they also explain that they already did what this person is saying "whats important" which is why they are trying something different.

50 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

"However, there were so many plot problems: the only one with military experience is not the one in charge of the group, and all of the decisions made prove why it's important to actually have military people on a mission and not just scientists."

I swear some people either zone out or don't pay attention while watching movies. It's explained a few times why she is in charge of the group and they also explain that they already did what this person is saying "whats important" which is why they are trying something different.

"Watching movies is hard."

- Pablo Hidalgo, on his Twitter feed, too many times to count.

Whoa. Put this alongside Under The Skin, Snowpiercer, Upstream Color, Girl with All the Gifts, Moon, Her, Arrival, District 9 and Midnight Special in my list of favorite sci-fi flicks of the last decade.

Weird, awesome mishmash of Sound Of Thunder by way of Upstream Color with some Cronenberg body-horror and some riffing on old school stuff Corman's X and Arnold's Shrinking Man. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Alex Garland won't even get asked by Marvel to direct Ant-Man 8 anytime soon, what a fucking failure

Yep, that s quite sad for him, I sympathize tho.

Ex-Machina was an AI for the Dumb manual.

Let s see if had actual interesting ideas in Annihilation this time.

I am not giving up on this Garland guy yet, he can improve.

Edited by The Futurist