antovolk

Annihilation | Paramount | Feb 23 2018 | Alex Garland | Natalie Portman | Reviews Embargoed till day of release

16 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

one negative review. 94% on RT now:

https://www.themarysue.com/review-annihilation-natalie-portman-gina-rodriguez-tessa-thompson/

Then again it's a feminist website so feel free to dismiss it.... ;) 

I wanted the movie to be great but I didn't want to see reviews praising the movie only for the all female lead cast and because of "diversity". When I saw the rotten review from Mary Sue the movie is now IMMEDIATELY approved for viewing. :)

p.s Thank you to the people who told me to be optimistic. :P

Edited by stephanos13
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

I wanted the movie to be great but I didn't want to see reviews praising the movie only for the all female lead cast and because of "diversity". When I saw the rotten review from Mary Sue the movie is now IMMEDIATELY approved for viewing. :)

Very happy for you. Congrats.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

p.s Thank you to the people who told me to be optimistic. :P

dude spoiler? I didn't even know it had an all female cast. All I know is that its made by Alex Garland and stars Natalie Portman, and I only know this from the thread title. :angry:

Just now, Treeing Me Apart said:

dude spoiler? I didn't even know it had an all female cast. All I know is that its made by Alex Garland and stars Natalie Portman, and I only know this from the thread title. :angry:

It's not an all female cast.

The investigation team is all female, which is not a spoiler because it's clearly shown in the trailers, etc.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

The movie will be available on Netflix on Friday?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/annihilation-netflix-uk-release-date-a8221716.html

The streaming service has now confirmed when UK subscribers can expect the Alex Garland’s second movie: 12 March

They always talked about at least 16/17 days after US release I think.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

It's not an all female cast.

The investigation team is all female, which is not a spoiler because it's clearly shown in the trailers, etc.

SPOILERS!

Investigating what? I dont' want to know what this movie is about! Stop talking, numbers!!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Barnack said:

What do you mean by that isn't a rather common move by studio to sell markets to someone else to reduce risk ?

I don't fund cockroaches, ticks & leeches.

Cockroaches, ticks & leeches : Netflix, if you were curious.

I have moral standards.

Edited by The Futurist

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

Sure, but it works out sometimes (Mother, Only God Forgives).

You at least want enough passionate support within your demographic that you're not questioning your sanity for liking the movie. Though I doubt that will be an issue with this.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1