antovolk

Annihilation | Paramount | Feb 23 2018 | Alex Garland | Natalie Portman | Reviews Embargoed till day of release

2 hours ago, Gopher said:

If I had seen this, I'd say Paramount's awards lineup this year would have nothing on how weird and wild this movie is. But of course I haven't seen it...

I really wish it wasn't delayed. Obviously it's close to being finished and I had it in my top 10 most anticipated at the start of the year due to the director, cast and concept.

10 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I implied no such thing. I only implied that Red Sparrow isn't gonna be some juggernaut that will kill Annihilation. mjgrin.png

jbhmmm.png

7 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

I don't even get the comparison. A great result for ANNIHILATION would be to double EX MACHINA. A more modest but solid result would be to merely surpass it. 

jbhmmm.png

10 hours ago, somebody85 said:

I really wish it wasn't delayed. Obviously it's close to being finished and I had it in my top 10 most anticipated at the start of the year due to the director, cast and concept.

yes, I also really wish that it remained an award season player this year, I think the BP race this year is turning out to be average to fairly weak, it would be nice to have a film filling that "Arrival" niche.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

I don't even get the comparison. A great result for ANNIHILATION would be to double EX MACHINA. A more modest but solid result would be to merely surpass it. 

Yeah, I'm not even sure Annihilation will get a big "full theater" release either. Arrival numbers seem out of the equation if you ask me, but anything's possible I suppose.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2017 at 4:04 PM, Fancyarcher said:

Yeah, I'm not even sure Annihilation will get a big "full theater" release either. Arrival numbers seem out of the equation if you ask me, but anything's possible I suppose.

With Paramount.... who knows, maybe.