antovolk

Annihilation | Paramount | Feb 23 2018 | Alex Garland | Natalie Portman | Reviews Embargoed till day of release

8 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Lordy, Gina Rodriguez, she is someone that is going to have EVERYONE talking as she seriously stole the show and had me genuinely shook.

MY BABY GINA RODRIGUEZ ACTED HER LIFE OUT I'M SO PROUD OF HER. THE LESBIAN UNDERCUT IN ACTION MADE ME GAYER.

755f6e7968140b84df266eb92e60fd31.gif

These are old but somehow no one ever saw them or posted to this thread. :lol: 

A post shared by R o b H a r d y b s c (@rdhardy) on

A post shared by Tessa Thompson (@tessamaethompson) on

And Jeff VanderMeer, who wrote the novels, had this to saw when he saw a cut a couple of months ago:

However, VanderMeer had a chance to see an early cut of the film and spoke about it on the podcast The Watch (via The Film Stage/Collider):

“It’s actually more surreal than the novel. There are a couple places where I was like, ‘I might need an anchor here.’ The ending is so mind-blowing and in some ways different from the book that it seems to be the kind of ending that, like 2001 or something like that, people will be talking about around the watercooler for years... visually, it’s amazing. I must say that and that’s all I probably should say.”

But VanderMeer did offer a bit more on his Facebook page after that interview:

“I’m not really sure what I’m allowed to say about it or not say about it, so I’ll keep it simple... I’m still composing my thoughts and feelings about it. I can tell you it’s mind-blowing, surreal, extremely beautiful, extremely horrific, and it was so tense that our bodies felt sore and beat-up afterwards.”

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/annihilation-author-hails-mind-blowing-film-adaptation

• Like 1