Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

Audience reaction to Mm will be great but not as universal as critics I think.

This movie will appeal to action fans.

Casual audience won't find it all that. Man I wish my theatre was packed to get the whole experience, but the marketing was piss poor in India.

Edited by marveldcfox

What people need to remember about Mad Max, even with phenomenal reviews pretty much everyone has said if you don't like action movies (like the last Mad Max) you are not going to like the movie. I think it can have good legs, but don't expect phenomenal legs, action junkies are a limited audience and non-action junkies haven't overly loved the movie.

Strong reviews does not necessarily mean strong legs. Hard R action films have a limited audience pool, no matter how good they are. I think a result a little bit above Kingsman numbers should be the goal for OW and DOM (which is good).

Something around 45m / 135m would be a fantastic result.

• Like 1

Something like avatar fast 7 American sniper gets me excited about box office.

lol So you are expecting JW to perform like these films? Also, AS, F7 and AVATAR don't happen on a regular basis. This weekend's box office is actually exciting considering that many underpredicted the two openers.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1