Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

I suppose I shouldn't be but I'm surprised people are finding PP2's performance so surprising.

Exactly, I've been calling an opening weekend nearly as large as the firsts domestic gross for a while.

• Like 1

I suppose I shouldn't be but I'm surprised people are finding PP2's performance so surprising.

There are always people who are surprised that things they don't get manage to be popular, anyway. They can't wrap their heads around a phenomenon despite having it explained to them or seeing the same sort of thing happen over and over (like the perpetual shock that ewwwww girls go to movies geared to their tastes). After a certain point, it says more about them than the thing they "just don't understand!"

• Like 1

50% full for a 9:30AM matinee Dolby Atmos.

Pretty good for a matinee with 300 seats.

I paid $12.50! I haven't paid that since 2008.

• Like 2

50% full for a 9:30AM matinee Dolby Atmos.

Pretty good for a matinee with 300 seats.

I paid $12.50! I haven't paid that since 2008.

Jesus... 12.50 for a ticket? Is this a good thing? I pay 6.50, and that gets me a recliner!

:blink:

Elizabeth Bank's Pitch Perfect 2 is easily beating George Miller's Mad Max: Fury Road at the North American box office, grossing a stunning $28 million Friday from 3,473 theaters for a whopping $64.3 million weekend, or that's the projection anyway.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-pitch-perfect-2-795874