Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, Avengers Age of Ultron was going to destroy summer and bo records.

Perfect Pitch 2 and Fury Road were supposed to be weak opponents a la Battleship ...

Back to present, everybody has already forgotten about the Avengers and don t even care about its bo numbers in its third week end.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 7

Ok I dont want to give Tele an anxiety attack. I left because I got a migraine halfway through. I took my medicine but it didnt work, and it got to the point where I couldnt keep my eyes open or sit up so I had to leave or risk a trip to the ER, but the theater gave me a curteousy card so I can go back.

The half that I that I did get to see, was...all kinds of, 50 shades of, BAMF awesome. I was totally engaged and I loved where it was headed. Bummed I had to leave, but on the plus side, I get to witness it a second time :)

• Like 15

Ok I dont want to give Tele an anxiety attack. I left because I got a migraine halfway through. I took my medicine but it didnt work, and it got to the point where I couldnt keep my eyes open or sit up so I had to leave or risk a trip to the ER, but the theater gave me a curteousy card so I can go back.

The half that I that I did get to see, was...all kinds of, 50 shades of, BAMF awesome. I was totally engaged and I loved where it was headed. Bummed I had to leave, but on the plus side, I get to witness it a second time :)

*Whew*

Had me worried for a second Jandrew. A like for you. I would have been surprised if someone who watched all three Mad Max's couldn't get through Fury Road

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 7

A while ago was thinking from tracking PP2 22-25m, MMFR 16-19, AOU 9-10m, not far out from what Variety been given 20m for FR could certainly be on cards given it should be big in eve but having said that some R's have strong matinees

Watch RTH come in tomorrow and be like "atm pp2 looking like 20+, fury road 18-21, ultron 14, will see how evening w coast goes."

• Like 3

I think you just freaked out half of the boards, Jandrew. I heard Tele's sigh of relief all the way from Michigan. Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 5

I weep for AOU and how lackluster it's box office run appears to be.. So many factors killed it, but I'd say F7 along with the Mayweather fight and early reviews killed it.. Sure, the movie has made a Billion Dollars or close to it, but still. I never would've thought this would happen and because of that, I fear CIVIL WAR won't do any better..

Still on pace for $35M+ this weekend. I agree with your thoughts though. That said, Civil War will easily xkear $1B WW and, possibly, $400M DOM. That's pretty awesome.

I always thought Caps 3 should've budged and taken that late March weekend. BatSupes will kill there. Just like Furious 7 did this year...

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

:rofl:

On the one hand, yeah, that sucks. I can't imagine a worse film to watch with a migraine. But yeah, at least you can go back and charge towards Valhalla.

• Like 3