abra

Warcraft (2016) OS Thread | ‘Warcraft’ Cumes $412.2M Overseas With $221M After 19 days in China

Combined with the Universal gross in 51 overseas markets through Friday (23 are new this weekend), the current offshore cume is $232.8M.

Universal is projecting a full weekend of $29M in its markets, which would take its portion to $105M. Without Sunday’s China figures factored in, that’s a cume of $249.7M, meaning the Duncan Jones-helmed fantasy pic will cross $250M by an Orc’s tusk in this third frame abroad.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/warcraft-china-record-opening-box-office-imax-results-1201769124/

BOM's numbers are so confusing.

It should be $258M after sunday with around $8M Sunday in China.

Boxofficemojo is a freaking mess.

They update overseas grosses, without updating the numbers for each country. I think China's grosses are 144 million. They usually update numbers from the previous day.

I don't think they included today's numbers. If anything, perhaps they updated numbers from the other markets, which is why it's at 276 million overseas.

39 minutes ago, IMojammer said:

So...

China 225-250

Domestic 55-70

Rest 175-225   (??)

WW 450-550

First hollywood Blockbuster series to not rely on the US at all? (or very little at least)

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Finnick said:

500WW, is the high bar now for Warcraft. Not good at all!!!!

I don't know, Pacific Rim only made $411m WW on a $190m budget and they are making a sequel (at least trying to) Warcraft cost $30m less and will probably do $100m more. albeit less domestically. but it's really not that bad, it will easily make it the highest grossing Video Game adaptation ever too.

• Like 5

So a WW total of 286.1M with Sunday. Olive guesses that it will add around another 100M from China. And let's say it will make at least another 25M from the US. Would be around 410M.
Plus it was released only a few days in several countries and also has some bigger markets left (Japan, Australia, Chile, Argentina,…) where it didn't open yet.
It should be able to reach 500M+. And that's still a much better result than most expected.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, el sid said:

So a WW total of 286.1M with Sunday. Olive guesses that it will add around another 100M from China. And let's say it will make at least another 25M from the US. Would be around 410M.
Plus it was released only a few days in several countries and also has some bigger markets left (Japan, Australia, Chile, Argentina,…) where it didn't open yet.
It should be able to reach 500M+. And that's still a much better result than most expected.

Yeah I think so, I am still fairly optimistic about 500M chances.

• Like 1

The absolute floor should be 436m.

BOM has it at $286m .

It will do at least another 80m there ($366m).

Another 30m from USA ($396m).

This weekend it opens in Australia & Mexico, so at least 20m from both ($416m).

The rest of the month it opens in most of South America and another small countries, so 20m ($436m).

I´m not sure about Japan.

I think a Sequel is still in Legendary/Universal agenda.

Edited by Belakor
  • Like 1

Now BOM reports 304.7M. It's with this Monday included but still I don't get it. It made over 7M in China today, ok. But where does the rest come from? It's mysterious, but it would be cool ;).

Does somebody have an idea?

Edited by el sid