abra

Warcraft (2016) OS Thread | ‘Warcraft’ Cumes $412.2M Overseas With $221M After 19 days in China

3 hours ago, el sid said:

Now BOM reports 304.7M. It's with this Monday included but still I don't get it. It made over 7M in China today, ok. But where does the rest come from? It's mysterious, but it would be cool ;).

Does somebody have an idea?

No clue at all, my guess is that the weekend was missing numbers from a few markets? BOM report of Warcraft gross had been very messy, but, this is relatively speaking good news.

8 hours ago, NCsoft said:

No clue at all, my guess is that the weekend was missing numbers from a few markets? BOM report of Warcraft gross had been very messy, but, this is relatively speaking good news.

i saw is some article that the movie could actually be undertracked in China, keep in mind that was a couple of days ago.

5 hours ago, snitch said:

i saw is some article that the movie could actually be undertracked in China, keep in mind that was a couple of days ago.

Numbers post in Chinese thread are pretty accurate  

• Like 1

On 26/5/2016 at 7:02 PM, Agafin said:

I see China doing around $250 million and the rest of the World doing like $300 to $350 million for a $550 to $600 million WW haul. Easily the biggest video game adaptation ever.

On 26/5/2016 at 9:37 PM, druv10 said:

China number is way too low. It's going to shatter OD and midnight records so 350M is the lowest I could see with crappy legs. 400M+ with decent to good legs and potential is there that it could dethrone Mermaid.

On 26/5/2016 at 11:00 PM, Mrstickball said:

Its going to shatter Fast & Furious 7's record, so I think that $350m is the minimal floor unless there's a crazy spat of piracy. 

On 27/5/2016 at 5:42 PM, Agafin said:

$350m is never the floor the floor for any movie there lol, lots of things have to go right for that to happen. While it's definitely possible, I see it doing like $250 million more like, which is still a fantastic result.

Hey, I was right ;). I'm probably one of the few here who's not disappointed by China's gross.

• Like 2

The reef dwellers, however, were outnumbered by orcs and Azerothians in China as last week’s record-breaker, Warcraft, added $23.54M. That’s an 85% drop in the market. The film was certainly front-loaded, although it’s worth noting that China typically comes with steep dips and last session included a four-day holiday. The sophomore session on Legendary/Universal’s big-screen video game adaptation lifted the Middle Kingdom cume to an estimated $205M after 12 days. With $17.7M from Universal territories this frame, the international total on Duncan Jones’ pic is $339.9M; the worldwide total is $377.6M.

• Like 2

Slowing down after its front-loaded debut in many markets, Legendary and Universal Pictures’ Warcraft grossed $5.9M in 56 Universal territories this weekend. That takes U’s international total to $147.3M. After 19 days in China, the total there is $221M which pushes the worldwide cume to $412.2M. There were no new openings this weekend, but there are six more to come next weekend: Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Panama, Peru and Japan.

Source: Deadline.com

Is 500M WW in danger?

12 hours ago, PanaMovie said:

Slowing down after its front-loaded debut in many markets, Legendary and Universal Pictures’ Warcraft grossed $5.9M in 56 Universal territories this weekend. That takes U’s international total to $147.3M. After 19 days in China, the total there is $221M which pushes the worldwide cume to $412.2M. There were no new openings this weekend, but there are six more to come next weekend: Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Panama, Peru and Japan.

Is 500M WW in danger?

Very much so, I don't think it hits that, sadly. It should stop at around 450m.

Edited by Arlborn

19 hours ago, PanaMovie said:

Is 500M WW in danger?

500 not going to happen,  because of USA and only.Fucking hell Warcraft grossed twice as much in Europe than USA, incredible how fans turned the back on the franchise.Cant beileve they  listen to critics in such extent over there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

It only needs 500 m WW for a sequel?

Given the extreme splits between domestic/overseas (and overseas/China, for that matter), I don't think we can settle on a hard and fast number. If Legendary wants one, they may have to look for another distribution partner. 

• Like 5

Deadline: Legendary and Universal Pictures’ Warcraft has opened in all territories. Its weekend estimate is $300K in 53 territories for a Universal total of $164.9M. Combined with the estimated U.S. gross of $47.2M, Uni’s cume is $212.1M. The worldwide total including China’s total of $221M is $433.1M.