abra

Thursday PP2 3.9, MMFR 3.7, AOU 2.4

AOU with 2.4M is about the same hold as Wednesday.. Pretty good for all the lackluster crap comments it's received for the last 3 weeks.. If you read World of KJ, They've pretty well have written the movie off.. Never thought a movie that's made 1 Billion Dollars WW would be deemed lackluster, but whatever.. That's Retard Logic 101 for ya..

AOU is a massive hit and is putting up incredible numbers. Anyone who says it is not doing well doesn't have any box office perspective. Having said that, most expected to it to surpass its predecessor WW hence the disappointment. But disappointment and doing poorly are completely different things. AOU Ultron is a massive blockbuster of the highest order, it just didn't meet expectations which is really a testament to the quality of TA and the MCU in general. The gross is far from lackluster, but the performance relative to the original is.

• Like 3

Is there any way to reliably assess which movies get the most repeat theater business? Obviously, bigger grosses and bigger multipliers suggest it.

No. Theoretically you could poll/survey people but it'd be extremely difficult and unreliable.

I'm a huge Marvel and MCU guy, devout WWW, and I still can't bring myself to see AoU a second time.  I can see it as many times as I want for free, but I'd rather watch Fury Road a trillion more times.

Whereas I could easily never see Fury Road again in my lifetime and be very content. I've had no desire to see any F&F movie after the first one though I've caught bits and pieces of others over the years.  But I'll see AOU again in theaters, buy it on Blu-Ray and watch it often.

Different strokes folks.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

I found it much less interesting. And I'm not a huge TA1 guy.

I thought TA1 started much more slowly than AOU, which kept me engrossed from start to finish. AOU does not have the rousing YEAAAAH!!! moments that the original did, though.  I just don't think those moments can ever be duplicated, because a lot of it was the thrill of seeing these characters so effectively brought to life together for the first time.  This is especially true for the Hulk, who was such a disappointment (to most!) in his solo films.  I'm not terribly surprised that AOU is not doing the business that the original did: I will probably end up seeing AOU 4 or 5 times; I saw TA1 ten or 11 times.  If a Marvel Zombie like me is seeing it half as often, it stands to reason that casual viewers aren't going to love it as much as they did the first, either.