kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates (4-day): TL 41.7 M | PP II 38.5 M | MM: FR 32.1 M | A:AOU 27.8 M | POLTERGEIST 26.5 M

Fury Road is a really expensive well made B action movie framed with a pretentious but silly voice over.  There's not any more nuance in it than John Wick, The Raid or any action movie starring (the great and ill used) Rutger Hauer in the 1980s. 

I wouldn't say Rutger Hauer made many good movies, in the 80's or any other decade, but Blade Runner and The Hitcher were terrific. Having as much depth as either of those would be just fine in my book.

Edited by Wrath

I wouldn't say Rutger Hauer made many good movies, in the 80's or any other decade, but Blade Runner and The Hitcher were terrific. Having as much depth as either of those would be just fine in my book.

Outside Blade Runner (in which his is easily the standout performance) he starred in a couple of great movies directed by Verhoven - just not in the US.  MMFF though is no Blade Runner, but closer to stuff like The Hitcher and the Mad Max inspired Blood Of Heroes.  Also not nearly as fun or engaging as say Blind Fury

Well I'm glad your comment generated 10 likes, but like it or not, what I said was true.. Don't like it, don't agree with it?? Too fucking bad.. I call it like I see it  And saying AOU had boring action means you didn't pay attention to the movie apparently... I guarantee if RDJ died tomorrow while making CIVIL WAR or IW, The movie would generate the same amount of publicity F7 achieved from Walkers death, so put that in your pipe and smoke it..

Anya_pat_head.gif

• Like 1

Well I'm glad your comment generated 10 likes, but like it or not, what I said was true.. Don't like it, don't agree with it?? Too fucking bad.. I call it like I see it And saying AOU had boring action means you didn't pay attention to the movie apparently... I guarantee if RDJ died tomorrow while making CIVIL WAR or IW, The movie would generate the same amount of publicity F7 achieved from Walkers death, so put that in your pipe and smoke it..

O5NyCibf93upy.gif

(Though I wonder what would happen if RDJ died tomorrow and somebody reposted this.)

You might be waiting a while. :ph34r:

I haven't seen Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, House of Cards, True Detective, The Wire, How I Met Your Mother, Homeland, Orange is the New Black, Mad Men, Supernatural, Hannibal, Firefly, Dexter, 24, Community, Parks and Rec, or really any other supposedly great, well loved show of the past few years. Or ever, actually.

I don't watch TV except for one show, Vampire Diaries.

This means you haven't seen The Good Wife, right? Edited by Ethan Hunt

Pretty steep drop for Mad Max, isn't it? 

Not necessarily, it's playing out like an adult action movie.  There's no reason to expect it to develop the sexy legs people have been talking about (Even with its quality) simply because it has a limited target audience.