kayumanggi

Mission: Impossible - Fallout | July 27 2018 | Paramount | Reactions coming in | "Best action movie since Fury Road"

Empire review is up.  5 stars

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/mission-impossible-fallout/review/

“A combination of thrilling stunts, insane daring and clever writing make this a stunning piece of action cinema. Just be sure to take your heart meds first, and hold on tight. 

:ohmygod:

Edited by wildphantom
  • Astonished 1

The discerning folks over at IGN, who seem to love every blockbuster and fanboy genre film, have finally weighed in with their review. Fallout: 7.7/10

For comparison, here are their ratings for this week's wide releases:

Hotel Transylvania: 7.6/10

Skyscraper: 8.1/10

They need to stick to games and tech and abandon movie reviews.

• Like 1

Just now, LonePirate said:

The discerning folks over at IGN, who seem to love every blockbuster and fanboy genre film, have finally weighed in with their review. Fallout: 7.7/10

For comparison, here are their ratings for this week's wide releases:

Hotel Transylvania: 7.6/10

Skyscraper: 8.1/10

They need to stick to games and tech and abandon movie reviews.

IGN comments hate Avatar so I hate THEM!

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

The one way it could make $1B WW is if breaks out Skyfall/F7-style.

But it needs China to embrace the film for it’s story & action...and bada-bing, you got an over $200-300M over there.

China hasn't really gone hard for this franchise even when they filmed parts in China lol

3 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Bitches plz, if we're talking about hopes, I hope this makes over 1 billion. It's long overdue.

However, we all know that's unfortunately not happening. Hell, I'm not even sure if it will outgross Ghost Protocol or Rogue Nation.

Are you serious about it grossing lower than those two? 

Box office tracking according to variety is higher than Rogue Nation.

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I'm sure Rogue Nation was also tracking higher than GP and then it didn't outgross it.

That’s because GP opened during Christmas time. We’ll see what the upcoming weeks will be like but I’m staying optimistic.

11 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I'm sure Rogue Nation was also tracking higher than GP and then it didn't outgross it.

https://variety.com/2015/film/news/box-office-early-tracking-soft-for-mission-impossible-1201541833/

Tom Cruise’s return to the high-flying, airplane-gripping world of espionage and adventure is expected to generate roughly $40 million when it debuts on July 31, according to pre-release tracking. That’s less than the first three “Mission: Impossible” movies did in their initial weekends, though it does beat the $29.8 million debut that “Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol” generated in its wide release debut.

GP was a little different because it had a limited OW release then opened wide on Christmas weekend. But tracking was really soft on RN.

11 minutes ago, BenedictL11 said:

It’s not impossible yet. Don’t be too pessmistic

7 minutes ago, BenedictL11 said:

That’s because GP opened during Christmas time. We’ll see what the upcoming weeks will be like but I’m staying optimistic.

Just now, Jayhawk said:

https://variety.com/2015/film/news/box-office-early-tracking-soft-for-mission-impossible-1201541833/

GP was a little different because it had a limited OW release then opened wide on Christmas weekend. But tracking was really soft on RN.

Yeah guys, I know GP came out on Christmas so it's a different scenario, but still, it's kinda hard to believe that despite following GP and having phenomenal reviews of its own, RN couldn't outopen it. And the Ant-Man situation left me wondering if Summer blockbuster fatigue is starting to kick in, even if FO has little competition in August. Plus, early tracking had FO at the same 55M range as RN, and tracking has been more on point or overshot than usual recently. I want to believe FO will breakout big, but I need to keep my pessimistic side afloat so I don't feel let down if it comes under.

15 minutes ago, Noodlebug said:

I've only seen the first MI and parts of the second one when I was really young, so I have a lot to catch up on. Is this series worth a marathon?

Absolutely, all are worth a watch. The last two (Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation) in particular are fantastic, easily some of the best action films of the decade.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Absolutely, all are worth a watch. The last two (Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation) in particular are fantastic, easily some of the best action films of the decade.

Luckily I still have a physical video rental store near me, so I'll have to check them out.

• Like 1