kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

Just now, Macleod said:

Each new producer is there to develop the movie and help it actually get made (i.e. get full greenlight from Warner Bros.), and directors are attached all the time to things that ultimately don't get made, of course.  It's great when anything actually gets made...and it's a miracle if it turns out well. 

I'm sure Warner Bros. is really, really trying to make something that doesn't divide people in the way these previous films have...and yet, with the Box Office grosses this mess of a movie astoundingly did, they cannot refuse to try again.

With the money SS made, I'd be surprised if SS2 isn't made. If anything, the fact WB isn't rushing the sequel is a good thing. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Lol, are you serious? Movies can be cancelled no matter if someone's hired or how deep it's in development. Spider-Man 4 was cancelled 2 months before filming start date, deep in pre-production, and there are millions and millions of similar examples.

Shit is too lucrative/profitable to not justify a sequel.

Suicide Squad is one of the most profitable brands to happen for WB' and their bid to farm IPs in the recent years 

34 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

If anything, the fact WB isn't rushing the sequel is a good thing

Thats good but I don't want a pacific rim 2 like situation it take them 5 years to capitalize. 

It will already be closing to 3 years around fall 2019. The only one ik of with the biggest installment gap in recent CBMs that was able to keep the franchise relevant enough/successful was Logan.

11 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Thats good but I don't want a pacific rim 2 like situation it take them 5 years to capitalize. 

It will already be closing to 3 years around fall 2019. The only one ik of with the biggest installment gap in recent CBMs that was able to keep the franchise relevant enough/successful was Logan.

The Wolverine was 4 years after Origins and Ragnarok was 4 years after TDW so 4 years isn't a bad thing. 

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Again, they've hired a director and they have a new producer on board, if it wasn't happening, they'd not have gone through the process of hiring either. 

They can hire those kind of position for the development phase even sometime with just a development deal with people involved knowing they will not be the one making the movie if it ever get made (leading to trade's reporting movie X lost is director when is development deal simply expired). If the studio had no intention of making it this would not be happening that is true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NamakFiskKa said:

You mean 5 years for people to forget how bad the first one was. ;)

They'll need all the WOM and reviews in the world to salvage the sequel. And top notch previews. Like Ragnarok. That one really turned its fortunes around after dismal (but not as dismal as SS) TDW. Ditto Skyfall after Quantum. Big turnaround.

39 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

mean 5 years for people to forget how bad the first one was. 

I'm saying that the hot topic crowd will grow out of it.

Your platinum certified music album , your Oscar upset  , all record breaking harley hot pants and comics sales  and all those accolades will lose relevance and might not provide much momentum to the next installment.

47 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Ditto Skyfall after Quantum. Big turnaround.

I too hope the stigma of the first movie is washed off as soon as the 1st trailer of SS 2 is dropped 

8 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

I'm saying that the hot topic crowd will grow out of it.

Your platinum certified music album , your Oscar upset  , all record breaking harley hot pants and comics sales  and all those accolades will lose relevance and might not provide much momentum to the next installment.

I too hope the stigma of the first movie is washed off as soon as the 1st trailer of SS 2 is dropped 

That's a good point. I guess there's still goodwill for Harley at least. 

20 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Maybe not, trailers for the first one were so well received that people will kept their guard up regardless of SS2 teaser/trailer quality.

Some of the points you listed will not loose relevance, is Oscar never had one, I would imagine comics sales is close to none also (in the sense isn't even the best annual sellers below 400,000 copies ?)

I think there is still both a lot of goodwill for those characters and the general concept, but like for Justice League people will half assume the worst until people see the movie, a say just half because of the big asterix of having an different director.

Edited by Barnack

41 minutes ago, Barnack said:

think there is still both a lot of goodwill for those characters and the general concept

Ok this was the actual reason behind why the Oscar winner Suicide Squad worked.

You can botch the story but if you sell the characters and the dynamics right enough you get few more chance to make further amends in cinematic universes.

Which is why there is still some hope left with the SS sequel and a Justice League sequel (granted DCEU can mostly work out with solo outing , which looking at the bigger picture they actually have with decent to great results in form of Man of Steel and Wonder Woman)

On 2018-04-17 at 2:27 PM, cax16 said:

In the end if they film SS2 or BOP first it doesn’t really matter. What if BOP films in October  and ends in December and then they go right into shooting SS2 in January of 2019. I’m guessing they just wanted to introduce Batgirl etc in BOP so they could jump into production of Batgirl movie next year as well.

I still wouldn’t be surprised if they Filmed SS2 this year cause apparently black Adam was supposed to be introduced in that movie and the rock just said in an interview he thought they could film Black Adam next year. 

But we’re all just guessing here, no one really knows everything, not even Kroll. He just reports what he’s told. 

:redcapes:

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:27 AM, cax16 said:

In the end if they film SS2 or BOP first it doesn’t really matter. What if BOP films in October  and ends in December and then they go right into shooting SS2 in January of 2019. I’m guessing they just wanted to introduce Batgirl etc in BOP so they could jump into production of Batgirl movie next year as well.

I still wouldn’t be surprised if they Filmed SS2 this year cause apparently black Adam was supposed to be introduced in that movie and the rock just said in an interview he thought they could film Black Adam next year. 

But we’re all just guessing here, no one really knows everything, not even Kroll. He just reports what he’s told. 

3 Months is a damn short shooting schedule for a major action movie. And I doubt Robbie, with her  being so much in demand, will want to shoot 2 movies with the same character so short together.

32 minutes ago, dudalb said:

3 Months is a damn short shooting schedule for a major action movie. And I doubt Robbie, with her  being so much in demand, will want to shoot 2 movies with the same character so short together.

She's stated numerous times that she wants to play Harley forever so I doubt she has a problem with it. Also Shazam finishes shooting next week and it started filming in Feb. and that's a film with Super powered heroes. Venom had a 3 month shoot as well