kayumanggi

THE SUICIDE SQUAD | August 6 2021 | James Gunn writing and directing

7 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

For once I would like a proper Bane on screen.

+1

While I think both big screen Banes were fine for their repsective movies (totally over the top in B+R, as grounded as possible in TDKR), I would like to see a...balanced Bane the next time. 

I think Tom Hardy was a good choice. I just think he should have been more massive (I guess he had not enough time). 

Wow. At the end of the day, Gunn wins.

Suicide Squad 2 will be a huge hit. Let's not sugarcoat it; the first film was a solid WOM hit despite the reviews, and the sequel will be a much much better film. If Harley does indeed return, there is no way that all these factors don't add up to a bigger hit than part 1.

And of course, a Gunn-directed GOTG 3 will be another sure-fire smash from the MCU superhero hit-churning machine.

That motherfucker is winning...

18 minutes ago, LordNox said:

Now that its clear that Gunn will return to GOTG after Suicide squad 2 lets speculate a little. What if Suicide Squad 2 becomes a Guardians of the galaxy style hit. Will he return to direct another one or will WB get another director?

If Gunn makes SS2 a hit, I hope that he does a third film so he can gloat about being the only director with hit franchises in the two comic book universes that matter.

On 3/10/2019 at 9:18 PM, Macleod said:

Are there not villains in the Middle East, as in every part of the world? 

Of course there are villains in every part of the world. But not every group of villains from every part of the world gets so frequently chosen as the designated villain for mainstream films from the most powerful film industry in the world. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

I hope WB and Disney made some deal so he can go back and forth cause if this turns out good it’s going to suck if he can’t come back for a sequel. 

Once he completes work on GOTG3 I'd imagine he's done with Marvel for a while, since it's supposed to be the final installment in that series.

• Like 1

Just now, gadd said:

Once he completes work on GOTG3 I'd imagine he's done with Marvel for a while, since it's supposed to be the final installment in that series.

That’s true, I just didn’t know if marvel had bigger plans for him in the future. I suspect he’s mainly returning for gotg3 for the cast. 

2 hours ago, gadd said:

He expressed interest in doing Thunderbolts if they ever adapt that to the MCU.

2 hours ago, cax16 said:

That’s true, I just didn’t know if marvel had bigger plans for him in the future. I suspect he’s mainly returning for gotg3 for the cast. 

And the paycheck, not to mention a piece of the gross.

And I don't think DC is upset. He is still making SS 2 for them.  And in the film business, you understand that a guy who works for you on  one film will very likely be working for your competitior on the next. It is the way the business works.

And althought DC and Marvel are competitors, they don't engage in mindless feuds. They are professionals. They leave the feud shit to the more idiotic fanboys.

And don't think both studios don't have a crossover in the back of their minds, given how lucrative those have been in the comics.

2 hours ago, cax16 said:

I hope WB and Disney made some deal so he can go back and forth cause if this turns out good it’s going to suck if he can’t come back for a sequel. 

Disney and WB have no control over what Gunn does so long as he fulfills his legal obligations to each.

Gunn is a free agent, he can go where he chooses when he completes a project.

If either studio even tried to dictate his actions after he completes his contract, the Directors Guild would have them in court for Restraint Of Trade so fact it would make youe head spin.

Gunn is like a free agent in Sports. when his contract is up he can go wherever he wants.

Amazed I have to explain this.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

Can't believe people actually want Batista as Bane. For once I would like a proper Bane on screen.

I like Batista but just can't see him as Bane.

Just because an actor is Hispanic does not mean he is a good fit for every Hispanic role.

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Disney and WB have no control over what Gunn does so long as he fulfills his legal obligations to each.

Gunn is a free agent, he can go where he chooses when he completes a project.

If either studio even tried to dictate his actions after he completes his contract, the Directors Guild would have them in court for Restraint Of Trade so fact it would make youe head spin.

Gunn is like a free agent in Sports. when his contract is up he can go wherever he wants.

Amazed I have to explain this.

tenor.gif?itemid=4558036

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cax16 said:

They had. He was in charge of the cosmic side of the MCU which they were (allegedly) putting on the front seat. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Look at James Cameron : He is working for two studios at the same time. He is doing Avatar 2 for Disney and the new Terminator movie for Paramount.

I understand what a contract means and that people can work for multiple studios, Jesus. You take everything so literally. 

My point was I didn’t know if Marvel has more lined up for Gunn after gotg3 cause before he was fired he was supposed to be an instrumental part of them moving forward with the cosmic aspect of the mcu. 

I would just hate if he wasn’t able to return for a sequel cause he’ll be doing more with marvel. 

I’m happy for him. I know what the guardians movie meant to him, I followed him on twitter for years.