kayumanggi

BUMBLEBEE | 21 DECEMBER 2018 | The end of the Bayformers Universe

Moved to December 21, 2018? Bahaha! At least it confirms my puzzlement about it coming out so soon. I was wondering how the he'll they were going to release this by next summer.

Ugh, Paramount is an utter mess.

14 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is going to move again. Don't think for a second it's keeping this date.

I think they will move it once Justice League comes out. They are probably waiting to see how Aquaman is received in JL, if it is anywhere close to the reception Wonder Woman got in BvS, they might move to Thanksgiving instead.

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I think they will move it once Justice League comes out. They are probably waiting to see how Aquaman is received in JL, if it is anywhere close to the reception Wonder Woman got in BvS, they might move to Thanksgiving instead.

Judging from the reactions to him in the little time we've seen him in the JL trailers, that move's gonna happen. 

The first weekend in December is clear of anything. It would be a few weeks removed from Wreck It Ralph 2 and a week before the animated Spider-Man movie. Much easier spot to be in than dealing with both Spider-Man and Aquaman opening weekend. 

1 minute ago, MrGamer2558 said:

Judging from the reactions to him in the little time we've seen him in the JL trailers, that move's gonna happen. 

The first weekend in December is clear of anything. It would be a few weeks removed from Wreck It Ralph 2 and a week before the animated Spider-Man movie. Much easier spot to be in than dealing with both Spider-Man and Aquaman opening weekend. 

Also it has to deal with Mortal Engines :ph34r: 

13 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Wonder if they are planning to have this one target an even younger demographic, and hence the release date change / clashing with AQ audience.

My guess is that they are just hoping that they get the holiday legs. Even a 20M opening can lead to 100M if it gets the holiday rush. And with a lower budget, they might be fine. But the release date is just stupid, this isn't a Transformers franchise post TF2, this is Transformers post TF5.

Paramount should be picking a less crowded spot on the calendar and make that the Transformers spot, even if it isn't one of the typical hot spots (ie. Memorial Day, summer, Christmas etc.). If the movies are good, they'll flourish because it's a known property.

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Paramount should be picking a less crowded spot on the calendar and make that the Transformers spot, even if it isn't one of the typical hot spots (ie. Memorial Day, summer, Christmas etc.). If the movies are good, they'll flourish because it's a known property.

August. I am still shocked studios aren't picking August, especially post GOTG and SS.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

Aquaman could very well move to TG Weekend.
I'm pretty sure, Paramount knows something, we don't know, yet. 

I think WB wants that Christmas date. It would have to face Ralph 2 on OW. Also Beasts 2, a WB film opens the week before Thanksgiving.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Aquaman could very well move to TG Weekend.
I'm pretty sure, Paramount knows something, we don't know, yet. 

WB have Fantastic Beasts 2 on that weekend. No big live action movies open on Thanksgiving, they release the week before so they get a good second weekend drop.