#ED

Weekend Official Estimates: SA 53.2m, PP 14.4m, TL 13.8m, MMFR 13.6m, AOU 10.9m, Aloha 10m

WB is coming off this month with Mad Max and San Andreas but June will be rough Entourage will dissapear from theaters with above 30 million domestic(enough to break even) and Max(the dog movie) will probably do ok but nothing smashing

Edited by Maxmoser3

WB is coming off this month with Mad Max and San Andreas but June will be rough Entourage will dissapear from theaters with above 30 million domestic(enough to break even) and Max(the dog movie) will probably do ok but nothing smashing

I can't believe WB scheduled so many films right on top of each other.  Hot Pursuit, Mad Max, San Andreas and Entourage in just 4 weeks.

3 wouldn't be so hot but closer to 4 would be what's becoming MMFR's typical 75-80% Friday jump. Look for a decent 30%+ jump on Saturday and a soft-ish drop on Sunday, and it'll be fine.

Closer to 4 should be fine. If last year's corresponding Sat means anything though, Mad Max should jump in the range of 50% on Sat. And Mad Max has had some terrific Sat//Sun

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2014-05-31&track=maleficient.htm

I can't believe WB scheduled so many films right on top of each other. Hot Pursuit, Mad Max, San Andreas and Entourage in just 4 weeks.

probably because one(Hot Pursuit) is a flop(even with prints and advertising), the other two are likely hits(Mad Max,and San Andreas), then last(Entourage) will be 2015's Burt Wonderstone(in terms of box office)

Closer to 4 should be fine. If last year's corresponding Sat means anything though, Mad Max should jump in the range of 50% on Sat. And Mad Max has had some terrific Sat//Sun

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2014-05-31&track=maleficient.htm

I'd be surprised if MMFR jumps 50% tomorrow. It hasn't yet shown any giant Saturday leaps.

George Clooney is no draw

Of course he is, it is just as it is with most stars - it depends on the project, genre and to what extent.  He certainly would bring in more than a non name or B or C list actor in the same film and that's why he gets paid.

Edited by TalismanRing

I'd be surprised if MMFR jumps 50% tomorrow. It hasn't yet shown any giant Saturday leaps.

I think it's had pretty good Saturdays for a Rated R film. The first Saturday it held very well against the opening day minus previews and last weekend it had a solid 33% jump. While I don't necessarily see  50%, I think 45% or so is achievable.

• Like 1