K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Between Batman and Jurassic Park both coming back from the dead, I guess we should never count out a seemingly dead mega franchise. Who wants to be the one to predict the next Spider-Man blows up?

Needs to be out for at least ten years I reckon, and that's not gonna happen.

Needs to be out for at least ten years I reckon, and that's not gonna happen.

Just however long it takes for Sony/Marvel to take it seriously again and hire creatives who they truly think will deliver a unique followup and not just something that will fill two hours and churn out a nine-figure revenue. Batman Begins came out eight years after That Which Must Not Be Named.

Noah, we had people calling this into be 150M huge. With American Sniper the highest OW predictions were in like the thirties. So basically here a movie that people thought was.gonna be huge nis gonna be more.huge.than expected. With AS it topped some of the most optimistic predictions on Opening Day.

Let me put it this way.

If this opens at 170M which is probably the floor if the numbers hold, it'll be the biggest non-Marvel OW ever. As a starter to a franchise (which this is; sorry, this counts as a reboot in the same sense I'd count Force Awakens or Indy 4 as a reboot), the next one in line is Hunger Games at 152M. The fact that if the numbers hold, there is a legitimate shot at this topping Avengers 2 is fucking huge.

First post says we can go off topic, and with the traffic this thread is getting...

Can someone please explain what the hell is with Fall Out Boy's Uma Thurman song? First of all it's called Uma Thurman, and second it has the theme song for The Munsters. WTF is this.

Let me put it this way.

If this opens at 170M which is probably the floor if the numbers hold, it'll be the biggest non-Marvel OW ever. As a starter to a franchise (which this is; sorry, this counts as a reboot in the same sense I'd count Force Awakens or Indy 4 as a reboot), the next one in line is Hunger Games at 152M. The fact that if the numbers hold, there is a legitimate shot at this topping Avengers 2 is fucking huge.

It isn't a franchise starter.

• Like 3

It isn't a franchise starter.

Whatever you call it, it's going to shatter the adjusted opening weekend of The Lost World, which is enough of an indicator of the hype for this film as it is. It's sort of the Fast 4/5 for the JP franchise.

Whatever you call it, it's going to shatter the adjusted opening weekend of The Lost World, which is enough of an indicator of the hype for this film as it is. It's sort of the Fast 4/5 for the JP franchise.

Except the elephant in the room is that the first JP made $700m in 2015 dollars without 3D or IMAX. There was an enormous audience for this brand in 1993 and many of them including me are showing up for JW primarily due to that.