K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Insane. I knew this movie would be huge, but I didn't expect it to possibly be formidable competition to AoU for biggest summer movie. Wow. Oh and Chris Pratt is now THE draw in Hollywood.

Only a Cameron Crowe movie can impede his path. And down goes Cooper.

• Like 1

You're conveniently ignoring the steady uptick in Rth's numbers, and he's the only dude who's actually seeing real, live data.

the last post i made with numbers was before rth's latest update you're conveniently ignoring that. plus rth's aou numbers had a "steady uptick" too speaking of which...

@rth did you account for presales for this, which you said was the reason you overpredicted aou's friday?

Only a Cameron Crowe movie can impede his path. And down goes Cooper.

Nah, it doesn t work like that.

It s ok to have flops.

Plus having a giant hit that is not a franchise movie today is nearly impossible.

American Sniper was an anomaly from the current paradigm.

I can't believe i'm saying this, but with this, 180m OW looks like the floor right now and with 79m, 200m might actually be a possibility, even the biggest friday without previews is in play now. That's insane. What a priviledge to follow this night with you guys!

Jurassic Park isn't Chris Pratt's best franchise.

The creature feature will get hyped but how often will it live up to it (Godzilla, Pacific Rim)?

Ant-Man and Dr. Strange and Civil War will each beat those on RT and at the BO.

Watch!

Nah, it doesn t work like that.

It s ok to have flops.

Plus having a giant hit that is not a franchise movie today is nearly impossible.

American Sniper was an anomaly from the current paradigm.

Relax, I'm joking.

the last post i made with numbers was before rth's latest update you're conveniently ignoring that. plus rth's aou numbers had a "steady uptick" too speaking of which...

@rth did you account for presales for this, which you said was the reason you overpredicted aou's friday?

But they didn't. The early number projections were low, then spiked crazy high (admittedly that was the trades, not Rth), then came back down to earth. In any case, I doubt JW had anywhere near the presales of ULTRON.

• Like 1