K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I wonder if Terminator Genisys could possibly do more than the 150m we were expecting. This seems like the year of nostalgia to me.

Who is expecting 150M besides Baumer and that crazy fanboy on the Terminator thread? :lol: 

• Like 3

If JW beats AOU domestic....Will Whedon bend the knee to Lord Trevorrow?  I thought he was British because of his name but he's actually American but I'm still going with it

got-game-of-thrones-29893926-245-245.gif

too soon

I wonder if Terminator Genisys could possibly do more than the 150m we were expecting. This seems like the year of nostalgia to me.

I'd be surprised, if this did 150m. Over at Flixster this is doing "Tomorrowland"-Numbers so far...

I think it could happen for Genisys...

It's more like ROTPOTA & X-Men:FC....that it's underestimated by many...but when you see the movie...it's not as bad as we thought.

And also...it has first weekend of July to itself...why wouldn't it?

I hope not.

What other scenarios will they come up with?

How many times will audiences (within the movie) support a big Jurassic park, after all these blood-drenched disasters?

Won t deny, sounds tough on paper to justify a sequel but Universal won t sit on their 2nd B WW grosser ...

• Like 1

Won t deny, sounds tough on paper to justify a sequel but Universal won t sit on their 2nd B WW grosser ...

They set up the sequel in the movie.

It sounds silly, but it really could work. JP and Fast can easily take place in the same universe.

Vin Diesel riding a T-Rex. 300M OW would the low end.

• Like 1

Most likely the sequel will be military or mercenarys arming dinosaurs and genetically modified hybrids as weapons and then it backfires and they wreak havoc.

And dinopeople.

And hopefully Raptors riding motorcycles wielding machine guns.

But do you really think they are gonna drop

the Park theme ? Weaponized dinos ? really not sure about that direction ... What war ?

It doesn't make much sense to continue with the Park theme. I think for some reason the military will need to return to the Island and they will force BDH and Chris Pratt's characters to go with them, in order to get some DNA stuff they forgot about when they evacuated.