K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I told you guys! The spillover was real, not enough shows, holy shit! As for the movie, I really liked it! There was something off about that I cant put my finger on atm, I might be the direction, but the action was good for the most part, the kids werent annoying (halleluja), the acting was solid, and overall it was fun. Unlike Godzilla, I know I'm gonna have fun watching this again on home video. Not the best movie, but it gets a B.

As for the crowd, my show was definitely sold out, and exactly what I said was happening, happened. We don't have reserved seating here, so people were coming in groups, but many had to sit apart because there wasn't enough seats to sit together. There were plenty of kids, one actually sat behind me and was annoying as shit.  :( But the crowd enjoyed it, there was "oohs", "ahhs" and laughs. Someone tried to start a clap, but failed. But I looked at peoples faces afterwards and there was lots of smiles and I heard "I liked that" and "that was really good" etc. My crowd was also pretty diverse, I saw some hispanics out, and I don't really see them, so that's saying something. WOM will be really good for sure. Oh yeah and eventhough I got my tickets early, we still had to wait in a line, the longest line I've ever had to stand in.

Also the Ted and Minions trailers drove people crazy. Don't count out Ted yet. And the Minions torture scene and hottub scene brought down the house, but tbh Ted got the best reaction of the night. From kids too, kinda ironic.

• Like 2

I will say this much I really not finding the appeal of watching movies in theaters anymore.

Big crowds, over priced food, noisy crowds.

The only thing that  is enticing is that you cant watch JW at home for like 4-5 months in  your Basement. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I had no idea Self/Less was a Ryan Reynolds movie, just saw a TV spot for it (first time I've seen any footage for it)

A solid bomb to join Relativity strong line up of flops. 

• Like 1

I think it's weird that 190 people without accounts are reading this. Um, hello world. Just sign up.

I was just a guest reading the Avengers thread its 1st weekend.

Hopefully they'll stay around like I did.

• Like 2

I told you guys! The spillover was real, not enough shows, holy shit! As for the movie, I really liked it! There was something off about that I cant put my finger on atm, I might be the direction, but the action was good for the most part, the kids werent annoying (halleluja), the acting was solid, and overall it was fun. Unlike Godzilla, I know I'm gonna have fun watching this again on home video. Not the best movie, but it gets a B.

As for the crowd, my show was definitely sold out, and exactly what I said was happening, happened. We don't have reserved seating here, so people were coming in groups, but many had to sit apart because there wasn't enough seats to sit together. There were plenty of kids, one actually sat behind me and was annoying as shit.  :( But the crowd enjoyed it, there was "oohs", "ahhs" and laughs. Someone tried to start a clap, but failed. But I looked at peoples faces afterwards and there was lots of smiles and I heard "I liked that" and "that was really good" etc. My crowd was also pretty diverse, I saw some hispanics out, and I don't really see them, so that's saying something. WOM will be really good for sure. Oh yeah and eventhough I got my tickets early, we still had to wait in a line, the longest line I've ever had to stand in.

Also the Ted and Minions trailers drove people crazy. Don't count out Ted yet. And the Minions torture scene and hottub scene brought down the house, but tbh Ted got the best reaction of the night. From kids too, kinda ironic.

People still have blinders on regarding how big Ted 2 and the Minions are gonna be.

It's unclear whether the T-Rex had changed gender or not. I think it's fine to consider her a "she", pending any specific evidence.

I took that attitude in New Orleans once... it was a mistake.

• Like 1