K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

So I'd like an example of a film that is not generic.

August County?

Birdman?

Give me some examples of non generic films.

What do you think it will make in Japan? You don't think it can make 30 million in Japan???? (It will be at 920 before it opens in Japan, yes?)

Yes. The original made 40m smth, but the exchange rate is way worse than in 2012. It will have to sell almost 2x the number of tickets to achieve that. People in the Japan thread predict in the range of 25-30m. 

Again, he was right on the cusp of Ultron releasing, he didn't need more publicity.  But, whatever helps you feel better man.  He's got 2 of the top 5 highest grossing movies(for now) under his belt, I'm sure he's crying right now about how he was soooooooo wrong about Jurassic World.

So he's just a delusional dick then?

As I have told you 20 times, he's in the entertainment industry and not the recluse type, no matter how big they are they live and die by publicity. As a Hollywood director he's also a megalomaniac, he thinks everyone should hear what he has to say.

• Like 1

He publicly trashed this film before there were even preview screenings of it, to buy in to the latest PC Police outrage and get publicity, and was dead wrong about the film in the end. Then said film outdid his baby.

Oops!

You are trying really hard, it's almost sad.

• Like 3

I don't have that data. What did BOM say before the re-release? Do YOU know it?

Have you actually ever looked on BOM??? BOM tracks original number and re-release number separately.

99000bb374b6d885717c034fe4dc2418.png

• Like 1

What do you think it will make in Japan? You don't think it can make 30 million in Japan???? (It will be at 920 before it opens in Japan, yes?)

Avengers gross in today's exchange rate is < 30m and that opened close to Obon holidays. This one will drop hard from Avengers for sure as taste of Japan has changed as well. So no chance of it beating DH2.

• Like 2

Just throwing out there, this 750M adjusted number for JP everyone keep talking about is including the 3D re-release, so technically, wouldnt that number be a lower? JW still wont beat it, but claiming the original grossed that much initially isnt completely accurate.