K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I Don't think it has the same cultural impact. More about the cast of characters rather than the aliens. Will Smith was the main draw, he's been replaced by Liams Hemsworth, nuff said. They will have to depend heavily on the aliens this go round, which is actually a smart decision. The alien nation remained mysterious for the most part in the original film. 

Will Smith of 1996 wasn't exactly Will Smith of 2006 in terms of being a draw. It may not do what JW is doing but JW's opening does make me think that 90's nostalgia for it might be stronger than I originally thought.

Treverrow is probably going to be attached to at least five projects come Monday morning.

Lucky for him, he already has an original sci-fi in development, which there's no way he's going to leave when they can now market it as "From the director of Jurassic World"

• Like 2

You can bet that Disney are stunned that this is happening the weekend before Inside Out.

What a weekend smackdown that is going to be next weekend!! Inside Out is getting the best reviews of the year. That may even open bigger than we're expecting too. This is the most exciting time on this forum for years!

• Like 3

I think it just needs to be re-emphasised that Jurassic World has just had the BIGGEST DAY OF BOX OFFICE IN THE HISTORY OF CINEMA. Adjusted, unadjusted, it doesn't matter, JW has beaten everything and had the biggest single day ever... and you guys are just arguing about whose prediction is right and wrong. 

• Like 4

Yeah, Chewy has enough evil in his life trying to understand what Ruben Amaro Jr., Chip Kelly, and Sam Hinkie are doing.

Mah man Hinkie is gathering assets, he'll be ready to pounce in 2020

• Like 1

$145-150 million DOM for an R-rated post-apocalyptic thriller containing S&M elements is disappointing? Mad Max is fine - it'll make a slight profit in the end.

Similar to Batman Begins, Mad Max is launching a new franchise and that is where the profit is. It is a much bigger success because of that.

Similar to Batman Begins, Mad Max is launching a new franchise and that is where the profit is. It is a much bigger success because of that.

Mad Max 2 will be a bigger hit if Warner allows George f-ing Miller to be George f-ing Miller. Not the poor, battered, ordered-around George Miller. George f-ing Miller.

Mah man Hinkie is gathering assets, he'll be ready to pounce in 2020

I'm glad I'm not a Sixers fan, having to deal with the Phillies implosion and the Kelly Mad Scientist Lab is enough work as it is.

I think it just needs to be re-emphasised that Jurassic World has just had the BIGGEST DAY OF BOX OFFICE IN THE HISTORY OF CINEMA. Adjusted, unadjusted, it doesn't matter, JW has beaten everything and had the biggest single day ever

I know I'm one of those "always adjust for inflation/we should count tickets sold instead" weirdos but let's go easy here.

• Like 1

For 90s nostalgia reboots I see The Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers smashing before ID2 does.

I bet not. JP stays with you because it doesn't matter how old you are, dinosaurs are an incredible thing to see and study. Power Rangers is something all of us should have grown out of.

I know I'm one of those "always adjust for inflation/we should count tickets sold instead" weirdos but let's go easy here.

I am like that too, I always adjust. And JW has grabbed every adjusted single day number in box office history and gobbled them all up.