K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

JW was awesome. some cringe worthy moments with effects and story at the end, other than that, it rocked.

it re-booted the series well

200 million dollar weekend?

maybe 150 but 200 million?

Deadline over-projecting again

BTW!  Mad Max will come in slightly higher than projected this weekend, some reason deadline loves to low ball that film.

"maybe 150 but not 200 M" 

have you read the opening day #?

• Like 1

How many 80s and 90s nostalgia properties will be revived due to this opening? At least this shows that shared universes are not the be all and end all of box office titans.

You say that like exploiting 90s nostalgia is an admirable alternative.

• Like 2

No.. 69M.. Enough of this adjusted unadjusted stuff.. Lord..

Sorry, but you have to consider this.

The dollar is not what it used to be and more theaters overseas than ever.

It's really hard to say but ...................

THAT'S A FACT, JACK!!

Of course. You know, 3D has really screwed up comparisons. That might be why I hate it the most.

Same. I don't even care what films look like in 3D because I never watch it, but those problems adjusting will be eternal.

• Like 1

It's interesting, someone I know made a parallel of Chris Pratt's career mirroring Will Smith's in the 90s:

Fresh Prince - Parks and Rec (obviously Smith is a bigger element of the former's success but still)

Men in Black - Guardians of the Galaxy (comic book based original property)

Independence Day - Jurassic World (something would've done well without Pratt/Smith, but still is boosted by the star power)

• Like 1

It's interesting, someone I know made a parallel of Chris Pratt's career mirroring Will Smith's in the 90s:

Fresh Prince - Parks and Rec (obviously Smith is a bigger element of the former's success but still)

Independence Day - Jurassic World (something would've done well without Pratt/Smith, but still is boosted by the star power)

Now all he needs to do is to start opening romcoms to 50M+ and the comparison will be complete.

So now he's going to have a daughter named Kristen and they're going to star together in shit?

Now all he needs to do is to start opening romcoms to 50M+ and the comparison will be complete.

BREAKING: Tom Rothman hires Nancy Meyers to rewrite Passengers as a romantic comedy for Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence.

I think Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Mans Chest is a good comparison which would of opened to 169m without 3D by today's inflation.

Following that would give

66 (-20.5%)

52 (-20.5%)

201m

• Like 1