K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I sense like avatar and Ta

after a year or two people will try to act cool and hipster and say JW was nothing special on this forum.

I don't think JW is special, but I'm super glad its gonna beat Marvel's biggest movie

• Like 1

It Ant-Man fails to do 200M that is where everything falls apart and panic runs wild on the streets (I don't believe it will fail to reach the mark, tho). 

Ant-Man's not making 200M, I love this Marvel shit and I feel zero excitement for it

• Like 1

I don't think JW is special, but I'm super glad its gonna beat Marvel's biggest movie

It's generic beating generic.

In the casual audiences win and prosper which I love.

No one cares for deeper films.

We all know why we got those scenes, we didn't need them but we knew we would get them. The internet fans are basically single handedly responsible for those scenes happening.

I hope we never get half of a movie having scenes of people getting rescued again. 1 minutes is enough. We get it.

I know, it's just kind of silly to generalize the U.S. by the box office of superheroes heroes, when their success is not even close to being a regional thing.

But no other country is so dominated by the superhero genre, that you can agree, can you not?

Their success, like most overseas successes, started here. OS caught on because they catch on to anything with a brand.

Look at Furious 7. It made bank in America but nowhere to the level Avengers, Iron Man, Batman, Spiderman etc. make.

Excuse me? Your country (assuming you are american) got hundred of millions of dollars to shit like SW or Marvel so let's not pretend the taste is better there. Different, that's it. 

Not American. Good to see you bash both SW and Marvel because I am in the same boat. Marvel is more miss than hit and SW had one fantastic movie and steadily dropped and dropped and jumped off a cliff with the prequels, and contrary to revisionist opinion of having to like ROTS (to me it is blasphemous to the original), that was the worst of them all.

I bring up China because literally all they see is VFX blockbuster. There's a reason why the quota does not have Oscar films or rom-coms or etc trying to sneak in as often as the VFX blockbuster.

Where I stay, it's the same. We are a developing nation mired in corruption and remain stuck in third gear with regards to culture and progressiveness, therefore we embrace the movies that are the most escapist. It's logical and it happens. 

I'm not being an elitist, mind you. I like my fair share of blockbusters. What I'd like more is certain types of blockbusters: sci-fi, fantasy etc. and less of franchises that have already peaked like the ever burgeoning SpiderMan, Marvel etc. Even Fast & Furious. I don't particularly like the franchise except Fast Five. That was the highlight and both 6 and 7 just got worse. When I rewatched 7 after liking it the first time, the dialogue was atrocious, the comedy seemed to take an age for the punchline etc.  

I sense like avatar and Ta

after a year or two people will try to act cool and hipster and say JW was nothing special on this forum.

After I saw the movie I said I enjoyed the film but wasn't sure if it was actually a GOOD movie. That, much like The Avengers, people will shit on it in a few years when the shine wears off. Alot of people post hate about Avengers but it was untouchable when it came out. The overwhelming majority enjoyed the film upon release and now its said to be 'over rated'.