K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

In the US, if we had reserved seating... it seems likely every party would leave a single open seat next to them.  You'd end up with a ton of empty singles on big movies.

Is that not a problem with reserved seating elsewhere?

But every online trailer and advert has "Book your tickets at Fandango!" is Fandango/Movietickets a niche service? Because it never seems like that to me.

What Tele said. Also, it costs a few bucks extra to book a ticket online because of the service charge, which may not seem like alot, but if you're a struggling family who has only saved up enough money to see maybe one movie every month or two, it can make all the difference. That's why alot of people I know avoid it- they don't want to pay a convenience fee.

• Like 1

Since we're on the subject on Ultron. Do you guys think the under-performance (relative to expectations) is going to cause a ripple effect on future Marvel tentpoles? Have we seen the height of Marvel and its all downhill from here..?

If A-M pulls a TIH or close to it, it should raise an eyebrow. If CA:CW then also disappoints the downward spiral will have begun with AOU.

In the US, if we had reserved seating... it seems likely every party would leave a single open seat next to them.  You'd end up with a ton of empty singles on big movies.

I don't see how that's different for reserved or unreserved seating.

If A-M pulls a TIH or close to it, it should raise an eyebrow. If CA:CW then also disappoints the downward spiral will have begun with AOU.

One potential issue with Marvel is their connected Universe strategy. We don't now as of yet if people are interested in watching 2-3 inter-connected movies every year. 

Nope, it doesn't happen. The only thing is you get fewer true "sellouts" because when people see seats only in he front row, they tend to pick another show. I've been in theaters where literally every seat was reserved and taken, though.

you're not allowed to leave single open seats when picking your seats, it's actually a real pain

Sunday may not beat TA1 but does it matter at this point? History in the making everyone.

Rth's last post implied it's hitting at least $74, and that would put it over $6 million ahead of TA after two days, after being less frontloaded. Nothing Sunday night is gonna hurt JW enough to knock it under TA for the record.

Sunday may not beat TA1 but does it matter at this point? History in the making everyone.

I think regardless of the NBA/Thrones night effect, the matinee spillover will be strong enough to offset some of it. Plus Saturday could very well be 75+, which makes beating TA1's Sunday a bit easier. That's a $6m cushion on the drop from Saturday to Sunday.

What Tele said. Also, it costs a few bucks extra to book a ticket online because of the service charge, which may not seem like alot, but if you're a struggling family who has only saved up enough money to see maybe one movie every month or two, it can make all the difference. That's why alot of people I know avoid it- they don't want to pay a convenience fee.

They likely watch it for free at home lol 

And then the power of Pratt turns it around with GOTG2.

Yes. I hate that. I had reserved those separated seats when we are really excited about a movie and we cannot wait.

I think regardless of the NBA/Thrones night effect, the matinee spillover will be strong enough to offset some of it. Plus Saturday could very well be 75+, which makes beating TA1's Sunday a bit easier. That's a $6m cushion on the drop from Saturday to Sunday.

$75 today would actually be over $7 million of a cushion.

I know at Sydney IMAX if there's a double space it won't accept a single booking.

For the major chain here, (Event, Greater Union, BCC), there's a $1.10 booking fee for online.