K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I'm very excited, never in my wildest dreams could I have thought it would make this much. Imagine how Trevorrow feels, his first movie was a 750k indy film and his second is the possible opening weekend record holder. Talk about living a dream.

Colin's name just jumped to the top of the list for "Episode IX" if JJ Abrams isn't doing it. 

Marvel fans are so pressed. :lol:

Now we just need Ant-man to flop and 2015 will have been a glorious year. :P

I don't see alot of Marvel fan meltdowns.

Just alot of gloating from superhero haters.

At the end of the day MCU, year for year, is still the most successful franchise of all time.

• Like 1

The older teenage kid was by far the best character in the film

Why? Because he stared at pretty girls and acted like a douche towards his brother?

By the way, are we the only forum that has a box office section?

Wokj...

It's funny, Jurassic World has 200 times the budget of Safety Not Guaranteed, and yet Safety Not Guaranteed is about 200 times as good.

SYGwA97.gif

• Like 1

Announcing tha you have boken the record for the biggest OW ever is a big deal and it is something a studio should be extremely sure about before claiming. Otherwise, they risk putting their foot in their mouth and it's just bad practice. I respect Universal's restraint and they are handling this correctly. However, I definitely see this taking the crown. Especiallyn with all of the people turned away yesterday and the spillover from that.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's easily the record.  Fucking crazy.

giphy.gif